Advice on tyres

ultraslang

Hi peeps,

I have a set of 19" staggard rim (245/35/19 & 265/30/19) and I am looking for a new set of rubber.

Would like to check which brand of tyres shd I go for? There are just too many brands out in the market.

Cheers!

Re: Advice on tyres

ultraslang;722859 said:
Hi peeps,

I have a set of 19" staggard rim (245/35/19 & 265/30/19) and I am looking for a new set of rubber.

Would like to check which brand of tyres shd I go for? There are just too many brands out in the market.

Cheers!

Hi ultra,

what car are you driving?
thought should be either 235 / 35 / 19 and 265 / 30 / 19 or 245 / 35 / 19 or 275 / 30 / 19?

cheers

What's your criteria? Grip, price, or wear rate?

kenntona;722939 said:

I want good grip in dry and wet, cheap, quiet, can last very long. That's all I require.

Oh I forgot, must be able to rotate also.

C3P0;722955 said:
I want good grip in dry and wet, cheap, quiet, can last very long. That's all I require.

Oh I forgot, must be able to rotate also.

Actually, no such things lei... I wanted that also... Anyway i chose PS3 over CSC5... No regrets... Thats the best balance i can find to match the criterias i had, which was similar to yours.. But your dimension seems weird.

James1500;722968 said:
Actually, no such things lei... I wanted that also... Anyway i chose PS3 over CSC5... No regrets... Thats the best balance i can find to match the criterias i had, which was similar to yours.. But your dimension seems weird.

Hi James,

what he meant is left tyre rotate with right tyre.......

Happy New Year
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

No tyre fits all three criteria to the extreme. Which best grip tyres is cheap and have the best wear rate? Hard.

Focus on two criteria, forsake one, easier to choose.

Ke ke, I OT only, pls dun take me seriously....

I never, Brobot.

Even when you said you are smart.

ac323;722882 said:
Hi ultra,

what car are you driving?
thought should be either 235 / 35 / 19 and 265 / 30 / 19 or 245 / 35 / 19 or 275 / 30 / 19?

cheers

Mine is e90-320 maybe I remember the front wrongly...

kenntona;722939 said:

I am now on RE001 and I am quite happy with it. The only issue is that it is abit noisy.

Am looking ard for other brands that are good and value for money.

RE11/AD08 next but will will not solve your noise/wear rate issue.

PSS or CEC D/W better grip/wear rate, but more expensive.

ultraslang;723233 said:
I am now on RE001 and I am quite happy with it. The only issue is that it is abit noisy.

Am looking ard for other brands that are good and value for money.

You just missed a super sale by me on PS2 tires
I haven't sold it yet but you already bought yours. Enjoy...

can try fk452, if it fit the budget...

Hi,

I have a question on replacing the tyres. I know there are some slight differences between the normal tyres and the BMW "Star" tyres. I've asked around and it seems that the tyres shops doesn't carry the "Star" tyres. Is it possible to get "Star" tyres outside of PML? I don't really mind what brand just whether is it easy to find.

manggi12;725506 said:
can try fk452, if it fit the budget...

Do you know how much does it cost for 245/40/18? is it noisy and does it last long? ;)

kangcl;733750 said:
Hi,

I have a question on replacing the tyres. I know there are some slight differences between the normal tyres and the BMW "Star" tyres. I've asked around and it seems that the tyres shops doesn't carry the "Star" tyres. Is it possible to get "Star" tyres outside of PML? I don't really mind what brand just whether is it easy to find.
"Star" tyres are known as Run Flat tyre or RFT.

Maybe, but even can't find rft tyres outside of pml. The shop says the difference not alot and usually the shops won't just bring in a tyre for a specific car, they bring in more for general cars

kangcl;735427 said:
Maybe, but even can't find rft tyres outside of pml. The shop says the difference not alot and usually the shops won't just bring in a tyre for a specific car, they bring in more for general cars

RFT tyres are available outside PML. Autobacs have them too. I am using Hankook RFT tyres now myself. More budget compared to the other brands.

Back