Advice Needed - Navigation Update

mohankls

Hi guys,

I was asking my SE at Munich Auto (i do all my servicing with them lately) to update my maps as the current version seem outdated.

The car is a 2010 335i E92.

But my SE quoted me close to $900 for this. When I asked why so expensive when this is a PML car, he mentioned there's a 'cheaper' option but I need to get the passcode from PML (but they might not give it to me as they are not obligated to do so)

I'm confused...has anybody got a clue what is he talking about? can somebody sahre their experience in upgrading/updating the navigation version in idrive?

Thanks

Re: Advice Needed - Navigation Update

from what i've read on overseas forums, what is needed is a FSC code to unlock the maps. you can buy this online for about $300 though it doesn't seem to be the legit source.
Apparently the FSC code generation method is only know by a handful of people outside BMW and they are keeping it to themselves since it's a lucrative business to sell these codes for people who want to update their maps.
Also, these FSC codes are VIN specific so you can't just use someone else's code for your car since the VIN is different.

wanted to check also, any advice on updating the navigation map on my 2007 e93? can't seem to find the DVD on any websites online.. if someone could point me in the right direction please? PM me! thanks in advance!

contact elebest... think his prices are one of the cheapest around

Can find online. Bought mine for around S$110 recently, and downloaded the maps. All u need to do is move it onto a flash drive, then enter the FSC code. So easy, my Mum could do it! Not sure why it's so damned expensive here. Was quoted S$800 by a forum sponsor. Am sure they do the same thing, i.e. get code from online guy, then it takes like 30 mins "work".

eXtremeSG;924236 said:
Can find online. Bought mine for around S$110 recently, and downloaded the maps. All u need to do is move it onto a flash drive, then enter the FSC code. So easy, my Mum could do it! Not sure why it's so damned expensive here. Was quoted S$800 by a forum sponsor. Am sure they do the same thing, i.e. get code from online guy, then it takes like 30 mins "work".

eXtremeSG : when u said you bought urs for S$100, was it a DVD?? if so, is it possible to make a copy?? I'll gladly cover half your cost if it can be duplicated.. pls PM me! thanks!

ongkjin;924853 said:
eXtremeSG : when u said you bought urs for S$100, was it a DVD?? if so, is it possible to make a copy?? I'll gladly cover half your cost if it can be duplicated.. pls PM me! thanks!

Think he paid $100 to buy the fsc code from someone online. Maps should be easily downloaded for free but you need the fsc code to install

Correct - it was just for the FSC code itself. Managed to find the map online, but it took ages (13 hrs) to download.

Hi Bro... I'm in the same shoe as well.... I'm stilling looking for the solution. I've tried all the options you mentioned... do let me know if you finally gets other option beside buying that DVD version from PML or MA...it'll need about 3 weeks to ship out.

mohankls;798229 said:
Hi guys,

I was asking my SE at Munich Auto (i do all my servicing with them lately) to update my maps as the current version seem outdated.

The car is a 2010 335i E92.

But my SE quoted me close to $900 for this. When I asked why so expensive when this is a PML car, he mentioned there's a 'cheaper' option but I need to get the passcode from PML (but they might not give it to me as they are not obligated to do so)

I'm confused...has anybody got a clue what is he talking about? can somebody sahre their experience in upgrading/updating the navigation version in idrive?

Thanks

Hi Ong, the older model like e90s do not have a download option... work directly via the DVD only. Normal duplication will not work either...Maybe we would make a group buy over this upgrade together and share the cost...

BTW, info for ALL the bro here looking for the solution...ONLY UPDATED MAP of 2011 is available for now...so you might not even see MBS or RWS... was told future update may no longer be made available for this old system...

ongkjin;924853 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

Meaning they are only 'publishing' the 2011 map on DVD. But am pretty sure that if you write the 2012 map to dvd yourself it would still work. Not sure if someone here has done that (rather than use USB port to upgrade) - but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Hi guys. I have a F10 523i and would like to install the GPS function with maps. Any idea if I can install the software elsewhere instead of PML? How much would it cost and will the warranty be void? Thanks.

Cost around 6k +- outside for retrofit ( hardware and coding required). You can search the forum for Navigation retrofit and see the outputs.

think you shud consider elebest or soundwerks.

got my 2012 map.... easy peasy. no work no need pay. chill nia.

Wow...didn't know it cost so much..thanks vegadonovan. Elebest can install for a modest fee? How do I contact him?

Search for Elebest and his posts will come up. I don't think it goes below 4k. Do some homework by asking for some quotes and reading some feedback online =)

Sister,

can pm me the details ... any difference in the maps or ... ?

how much is the installation too ?

Hi, I just got my 2006 E90 (325i) with iDrive navigation and it comes with a navigation DVD which i believe is outdated. Can someone advise what are more options to get my car updated with the latest maps and cost involve?

thanks in advance

eXtremeSG;924236 said:

hi, i am just new owner of '06 325i.. not sure what series it is, but has standard iDrive with navigation.. would like to buy updated map.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back