Acs rim on E90 + run flat

adsnx

hi guys,

i would be colecting my E90 320 ride end this month and wld like to seek opinion on the followings ..really hope someone can provide me your advice & opinions.

1) Thinking of changing to 18" ACs type IV (The 5 spokes without the studs)
Question: a) does it look fine on E90/any recommendation on other reliable rims

2) Can the car still move if i remain 18" run flat tyre cos it's heavier than normal tyre. Is it advisable to Switch to Non-run flat tyre since there's no space on E90 for spare tyre.

thanks a lots!:helpp!:

Re: Acs rim on E90 + run flat

adsnx said:
hi guys,

i would be colecting my E90 320 ride end this month and wld like to seek opinion on the followings ..really hope someone can provide me your advice & opinions.

2) Can the car still move if i remain 18" run flat tyre cos it's heavier than normal tyre. Is it advisable to Switch to Non-run flat tyre since there's no space on E90 for spare tyre.

thanks a lots!:helpp!:

well look here. lots of them. :yummie:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153&page=8&pp=22

adsnx said:

:

ACS rims getting very common... if u want to be different from the rest, get some thing else.

Some bros are selling their Hamann PGII... 18" and 19"... Wilman2772 is selling his 19". Cnt remember which bro selling his 18".... TripleM is oso selling his 19" HM2.

adsnx,

There is a display E90 with ACSIV rims without studs at PML Kg Arang for viewing.

hi hymics,

thanks for tat! probably i saw the display on the E90 at Kampong arang but cant visualise how it looks on white color ride.

adsnx said:
hi hymics,

thanks for tat! probably i saw the display on the E90 at Kampong arang but cant visualise how it looks on white color ride.

you want white here is a white E90 with ACS.

attachment.php

attachment.php

hi tbt,

i saw tis from the link which u hv provided, wats yr opinion between Acs IV & 162, i find both nice.

The No Studs Type IV is nicer than the ones with studs IMO, at least it aint look so replica'ed.

If u can live with the harsh ride of RFT, then just use em till they are worn out. It's expensive tires so kinda wasted if u just throw em away.

agree wit you on the rims without studs is nicer.

true, the difference between RF & Non RF tyre is abt $300 plus ...well. depending on the make as well.

adsnx said:
hi tbt,

i saw tis from the link which u hv provided, wats yr opinion between Acs IV & 162, i find both nice.

ACS IV is rather common IMHO, one can see them on E46,E39,E60 even some other makes. 162 is nice but cleaning it will be :mad:.

attached my E90 photo to for more idea.

hi,

all 18inch are replicas.acs dont make 18 only 19.i have 18 non stud ones easy to clean am runing on ps2.ride comfort same as runflat 17.but i feel 18 still small on my e60.
also 18 non stud do look very much the same size as the 19 studed ones becuase the spokes spread all the way to the edge whereas studed ones only to the 2nd rim piece which makes it look small.

i think i need 19 for my ride but that will have implications on ride comfort and fuel comsumption.

thanks for the advice..well got to decide soon (thou i still couldnt decide which rims would look nice) cos i hope to fit on the car when it's ready for collection.

The original Ac type IV does come in 18" but not for the studded type when i check with PML kampong Arang.

Otherwise, check out fellow forum members' rides during coming meetup. There should be quite a number AC Type IV 18" & 19" on E46, E60, E90, etc...

:)

18 "yes you are right for the e90 but not for e60 sorry for that info.
studed ones very common and harder to clean

if you buy original acs then any will do.if replica better get non stud looks real.

silver31..cant be there 4 tis mth's meet up cos not in town:mad:

guys, is it true tat original r heavier than replica & wat abt the reliability?

I got the 19" ACS Type IV wheels with brand new Pirilli Rosso 245/35R19 tires for E60..

Letting go at $2500 Only..

No Horse run..

Hahaa..

quick question pls, wud 19'' type iv for e90 fit nicely on e46 m3? offset the same? similar? coz i think e46 m3 rims can go into e90? thnx in advance!

I Think its true that the real ones are heavier than the taiwanese/italian *not sure where* replicas.

I wanted to get a set of 18" replicas of the Type IV for my white e90.. *bo bian I no cash lah*
but I was told by 2 - 3 shops that the offset doesnt fit it nicely and that spacers wont do.. so I ended up with another set of 18" rims.. :/

Have also been told that the replicas wont stand up to harsh track use ...

Cheers

hi acs,

does it fit E90? Are they original?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back