ABS warning lights up

RTCS

After starting the engine, all instrumental lights go off as usual. Last few days, after driving for a while the ABS lights up and stays on until turn off engine.

May I know if anyone had this before and what was your remedy? Thanks.

Re: ABS warning lights up

I had this once, and it ended up as only a little short on brake fluid. So check your brake fluid first - cheapest option

MapleLeaf;284969 said:
I had this once, and it ended up as only a little short on brake fluid. So check your brake fluid first - cheapest option

Oh, sure hope is this shortage of brake fluid. I will check it out tomorrow morning. Thanks.

VenomX2;284921 said:
could be a faulty ABS module.

ABS module refers to the electrical circuit and not the main pump right? May I know where is the module located, feel like taking it out to take a look. Is it anywhere near the main pump in the bonnet or behind the glove(drawer) or below the steering wheel? Thanks.

RTCS;285293 said:
Oh, sure hope is this shortage of brake fluid. I will check it out tomorrow morning. Thanks.

ABS module refers to the electrical circuit and not the main pump right? May I know where is the module located, feel like taking it out to take a look. Is it anywhere near the main pump in the bonnet or behind the glove(drawer) or below the steering wheel? Thanks.

hi pal, my car had this problem too.but once i park my car for a short time n restart bk n move off ...the abs signal gone......
duno, wats happen....??? some feedbk my batt is weak...

kopibengz;285380 said:
...the abs signal gone......
duno, wats happen....??? some feedbk my batt is weak...

Brake fluid. Check the brake fluid.

checked the brake fluid and it is sufficient.

found the abs module which is behind the glove compartment. removed and stripped it. removed the pcb and did some cleaning with wd40 and toothbrush and followed by visual inspection and seems alright. fixed back everything and had high expectation but abs warning light still comes up. wasted 2 1/2 hr.

most likely is the abs pump ko liao, i am hestitating to strip the pump.

My colleague had the same problem and the mechanic who did not want to fleece her checked the electrical connection and the ABS light when off. Subsequently, I told her to change the brake fluid. So far so good!

318 E46 Valvetronic Aug 2004

I am selling my 318. Well kept and PML history. Looking at anything above $80K. SMS 90082108. Tks. JR

RTCS;285489 said:
checked the brake fluid and it is sufficient.

found the abs module which is behind the glove compartment. removed and stripped it. removed the pcb and did some cleaning with wd40 and toothbrush and followed by visual inspection and seems alright. fixed back everything and had high expectation but abs warning light still comes up. wasted 2 1/2 hr.

most likely is the abs pump ko liao, i am hestitating to strip the pump.

can try opening up your hood, look for the right side...there's this box with all those little chips in it.....look on the cover for the one controlling the ABS, take the chip out and try putting in another one with same color and voltage (there should be some spares on the underside of the cover)

sszone;285868 said:
can try opening up your hood, look for the right side...there's this box with all those little chips in it.....look on the cover for the one controlling the ABS, take the chip out and try putting in another one with same color and voltage (there should be some spares on the underside of the cover)

That's the fuse right? Unluckily, I've measured the they are not blown. I've even stripped the 2 relays and checked. :oops:

SpeedyGonzales;287378 said:
if your car is no longer under pml warranty, i recommend signing up with Warrantysg | Kar Engineering at least you save $$$ when the ecu or abs breaks down.

Brother, mine is a '92 car wor, don't think got such good lobangs right?

I've also checked the brake fluid as mentioned by MapleLeaf and Joe, still same problem. :oops:

Back