9 years old 320i

H2575

Hi,

Can anyone give some comments if it is Ok to buy a second car BWM 320i registered in Apr 2007?
What is the maintenance to be done at this age, mileage 118,000?
What to look for in the car?
What likely problem to expect?
I test drive but feel that the accelerator has to press far down to accelerate and the car seems to jitter from low rpm before going high rpm?

My previous ride was a E90 apart from gearbox solenoid issue and missing of engine oil, I thought it was a nice car to own..Enjoy your ride..

Can share at what mileage will above two items happens and is the E90 engine using timing belt or chain?

whats ur milege on the last batch e90 bro.

the last e90 i drove, i sunk 18k over 3 years to fix it, milege then was 70000k to 140000km mark

well, my transmission died, engine overhaul, fuel pumps, water tank and hoses, alternator, starter motor, all bushings + suspensions replaced, camshaft, o2 sensors died.

the pre lci 320 was so bad it is really embarassing, is your current e90 LCI is doing strong with basic maintainence?

Hi bro Transmission gone at what mileages? Did you change the trans oil
I din change my till now heard that trans oil no need change.
As of now 6 years just change water pump all water hose plug and coils.
Oil seals etc seals . May be the last batch is stronger engine.

Most of the time is the transmission solenoid that failed..

advice is : if it aint broke dont fix it. if your gearbox not spoilt, dont itchy hand go change. if not once the transmission cant adapt to the lighter oil and problems come.

Hi Gavin,

Do u mind sharing, where do u normally send your car for servicing?

Also, which workshop did u go to to change the water pump, hose, plug and coils?

Thanks in advance.

My 318i is already 172k km mileage... may need to change water pump i suppose...

Cheers

Pm me? I change almost everything already short of a new engine. May want to offload my 9yr old e90 320i prematurely. Anyway I tell u bro 118k mileage? Unbelievable.

Main issues of E90 is engine oil leakage issue as well as noises from under carriage sounds.
Some may even encounter engine carbon issue that makes the car less powerful.
Proper repairs by reliable workshop shall solve the problem, not a bad ride overall.

I have a e90 for 11 years. Decided to change the wear and tear after I renewed the coe.

Changed suspension, ignition coil, starter motor, engine mounting, control arm, track arm, gearbox mounting, radiator, water pump, hoses, engine cover, valve seals, rubber gasket, engine plate cover, auxiliary water pump, brakes and disc, spark plugs, transmission oil, oil pan, air filter, aircon filter.

Mileage now 165k km but ride almost like a new car except the gear box, fuel pump, fuel filter, leather seat and roof interior is due for a change sooner or later.

Last edited:
Back