Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

523i or 525i or 530i which one to choose?

Hi all,

Will like to know which of the 3 listed model will be a better choice to choose? Could someone provide me with the spec of each model?
Which of the model will provide the most value for money without much different feeling in power. 525i is a better choice?

Enquiring on behalf of my friend.
Thanks.

Regards
Sim Chuan

Re: 523i or 525i or 530i which one to choose?

530i period.... its the most drivable.... most fun to drive

Terry;180900 said:
530i period.... its the most drivable.... most fun to drive
how abt 525i? is it a good drive? as for 530i it is at the top range of 5 series so it should be the most drivable and most fun to drive.

What is the spec of each model? Anyone can provide?

why not take a trip down to pml and see the differences in power and price. then once u have a idea what u may want u can chk wht everyone the pros and con. PML is always obliging with test drives...cheers

I always advice my friends to buy what is comfortable to their pocket. Don't stretch your budget too much.... The price gap is quite significant between the 523 and 530. But if you can ask this kind of question, then go for the 530i... It is not the top of the line (read 550i and M5 after that) but it is more than enough for Singapore roads.

For many of us, power will never been enough regardless of cc. But if money got so many, then M5 baby....

got 518i or not?

i can only afford road tax till that much...

ok OT...juz needed to cock a little...

///M5 baby...///M5...juz saw a white one parked at a house near winsland...argh...

if you're doing pretty much just driving down the streets of singapore, the 523 is in my opinion the most value for money. do a search and see that the half-empty or hall-full reviews - the 523 is either a detuned 525 or is it the 525 is a maxed out 523? either way the 525 is less refined drive, and 95% of the time you won't know whether its a 532 or 525. Add the sprintbooster and you'll probably not miss any low end fun either.

I've never tried the 530. so can't comment.

BTW I've sold off the 523 in favour of a 7-seater MPV, so you can say that at this stage I'm neutral.

Before this i've a Passat that delivered turbo 200hps and I can tell you that I only missed the "turbo boost" feeling and nothing else.

I've sat in the 523i and I think it's quite good and pretty powerful. That said, it may be a little underpowered considering that the 5 is a pretty big car. If you can afford it, go for the 525i at least.

Power is something that all of us can 'do with more'.... If your driving is primarily on Singapore roads, the 523 is more than suffice....even in Malaysia.... But at the end of the day, it is how comfortable you will feel.... some say 523 underpowered, I don't think so but to each his own.....

I ve tested driven 523 n 525 back to back but I dont owned either.

With that limited time spent on both, I find both felt almost the same except the 525 takes off faster at the traffic light sprint. The 523 doesnt have that 'take off ' feeling. I find it drives like a merc C180/200 and felt more like a cruiser car than BMW. Errr...523 owners pls dont shoot me hor.

TheNew7;180991 said:
I always advice my friends to buy what is comfortable to their pocket. Don't stretch your budget too much.... The price gap is quite significant between the 523 and 530. But if you can ask this kind of question, then go for the 530i... It is not the top of the line (read 550i and M5 after that) but it is more than enough for Singapore roads.

For many of us, power will never been enough regardless of cc. But if money got so many, then M5 baby....

Just sidetrack a bit. Will u buy a 530i($250k?) or 335i($235k) ?:)

If you are the sort who will reach 180-200km/h on NS highway, go for the 530. It will reach it without fuss, when the lesser capacity cars with SOME fuss and that's really not so fun. The 530 is really not a traffic light car, and you'd die to most STIs and it's not fun to beat a lesser car.

If the price of the 530 seems excessive to you, you might want to consider the Lexus GS300 which offers superior refinement and reliability with less badge cache and slightly down on horses.

The Merc will be replaced very very soon, don't even consider it. The Audis I have never thought about.

Ahbengdriver;182985 said:
Just sidetrack a bit. Will u buy a 530i($25k?) or 335i($235k) ?:)

If $25k, I buy four 530i..... and maybe 2 extra for spare......

caySman;182991 said:
If you are the sort who will reach 180-200km/h on NS highway, go for the 530. It will reach it without fuss, when the lesser capacity cars with SOME fuss and that's really not so fun. The 530 is really not a traffic light car, and you'd die to most STIs and it's not fun to beat a lesser car.

If the price of the 530 seems excessive to you, you might want to consider the Lexus GS300 which offers superior refinement and reliability with less badge cache and slightly down on horses.

The Merc will be replaced very very soon, don't even consider it. The Audis I have never thought about.

Its not really fair comparing a $130k+ car and a $245k+ car.... totally different class altogether..... The EVO/STi might be faster, but it just ain't the same..... And I wouldn't refer to them as 'lesser' cars.... but that's just my point of view......

Anyway, if you are looking for DRIVE, then there can only be one BMW.... Refinement and quietness, GS300 and Comfort with monster torque, Mercedes...... The Audi A6 is not a bad car either... but its front wheel drive.... and for not a lot more, the 2.0TFSI can spit out 245bhp.... all under $170k......

Just sidetrack a bit. Will u buy a 530i($250k?) or 335i($235k) ?

Mr Beng, you know the answer to this. Time for you to accept your fate and put in an order for that 335. It's going to happen sooner or later anyway, so why wait for COEs to go up? :)

the other thing is the "learning ecu". i drive my ecu hard - pick-up improves over time. just keep at it.

yah i agree with ah beng here...sometimes the 523 does feel a little high on inertia and slightly unwilling to haul its ass off the line...doesnt help with the slight jerk as though it just woke up...though some brothers have had their software "upgraded" at pml and done away with the jerking...but overall still a good drive...just not so high on urge as i'd expect on from a 2.5 litre engine...detuned or not...the facelifted E200 with a 1.8 litre engine has got comparable urge if not sliiiiiightly better...comparing pick up only though not driving feel lah...just my view

caySman;182991 said:

This is so true.... :juggle:

I do believe in the learning ECU. My car drives so much different now compared to when I first got it. But nowadays I almost never drive on D mode, which is sluggish and unresponsive. If I were to do it again, definitely go for 530i, no actually 535i.

any one know what the prices are for these models these days ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowgoallinfo
Back