3rd Servicing

john soh

My FL318i is coming up to 65000KM i.e. 500KM due for 3rd servicing. As the warranty on my car is also expiring 27/05/2006. Can anyone advise whether should I go to PML or outside workshop for servicing? Anyone has idea how much is PML charging and outside workshop's costing? What is the major work to be done or parts to be replaced on 3rd servicing? Thank you for your advice.

Re: 3rd Servicing

Hi
since yrs is a 4 cycl, BVO will cost $170 for a oil change....incl plugs, oil filter...

usually they will sent it to BVO or juz for cars, its cheaper...

Bro send in your car to PML for the oil change and nothing more. Before you go however, go over your car once and draw up a list of things that are either faulty, or gonna be there soon, or just about anything that you're not happy with the car. Take this list to your CSA and try making a warranty claim for these items. Don't worry if the list is long. Let the CSA knock it down for you. Better do this before your warranty is up.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

Rodders, PML quoted me the px for the 3rd service is abt S$700~800. So far my car has no problem so I don't know what are the items which could have problems.

Think the price they quoted you is for the Inspection 3 servicing. Just tell them you want a oil change and nothing more. Tell your CSA not to change anything unless he is doing a warranty replacement for you.If your car is not giving you any problems now, there's no need to change anything. Wait till something needs replacement, then just bring it to a workshop outside and get it done at a much cheaper price.I did my Inspection 2 for just around $300 odd just before my warranty expired and I managed to get some warranty claims as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bestsolicitors2112
Back