Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

330i vs IS350

Re: 330i vs IS350

Thats what I meant when I said in the other thread on this forum between the 2 marques: LEXUS manufacturers are also not stupid. They would make the 2.5L car[as is the IS250 sold here now] this their entry level model thus putting it a powerful car vs BMW s entry level which has a 2.0L displacement.

In this review, similarly, again the IS350 had 3.5L engine vs the BMW 330i's 3.0L engine. that to me is already orange/apple comparison n i wont even want to look at the figures on BHP or Torque. Common sense tells us an engine with 500litrs extra displacement will surely generate more BHP. It wld be interesting if the review was made using a 3.0L IS300[ if there is one ] so we can see apple/apple comparisons.

I am surprised that it sold so little units in Europe, maybe because of the name thing....maybe LEXUS [or Toyota] could market a new brand such as LEXEUROPE which will appeal to europeans. I think the IS wld not sell well in Europe really, bcos as the reviewer correctly mentioned, the rear seats are awfully crammed. That day i sat in the test car, the rear is really for 2 passengers bcos the middle part of rear seat bulges high in the middle. Can u imagine if u are a big sized european?

But I must admit in terms of pricing the LEXUS is attractive relative to BMW, and will attract buyers who sees it as a nice executive car, who doesnt care too much about the handling and all that.

Re: 330i vs IS350

Ahbengdriver said:
I am surprised that it sold so little units in Europe, maybe because of the name thing....maybe LEXUS [or Toyota] could market a new brand such as LEXEUROPE which will appeal to europeans. I think the IS wld not sell well in Europe really, bcos as the reviewer correctly mentioned, the rear seats are awfully crammed. .

This is not entirely correct. EU thrives in diesel , Lexus only very recently introduced a diesel model . Any non EU made car is also taxed b/w 18 to 35% , depending on country .

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/techcenter/articles/106216/article.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorpointinspections
Back