3-series PreFL door lock motor

Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

seanskye;1069487 said:
Ah, thanks easy. I misread!

Nonetheless it seems to be the same workshop, just that both feedbacks are on different issues. Many of us, myself included, are quite sensitive to bad workshops due to past horror experiences.

No sweat bro, I appreciate all the sharing becoz I osso scared kena carrot. Even more so for Bimmers, the differentiation in capability & deep knowledge of the marque is much more obvious & crucial for the client among the workshops.

rv218;1069470 said:
Any good and reasonable workshop to recommend? I stay around Serangoon area, so anywhere around here like AMK etc would be good. :)

Can try 2277 at Paya Ubi, or BVO at Sin Ming

Thank you for the advice.

I went to Eng Soon this morning to get the front driver side lock. The price has went up, it cost $214 with GST. Then I drove to BVO to get it replaced. While there, I asked them to do an thorough check on the ride. Well... well... well... engine oil leaks, gearbox mounting wearoff etc etc... so total repair will come up to about $2k!

Anyway I am ok with parting the 2k as long as this will bring me peace of mind in the next 3.5 years. :D

Darn, ES has raise the price so much as that part only cost $112.35 in Dec 2012.

FYR engine oil leaks, water leaks, etc which can occur in many of the parts in the engine bay typically do not go bad all at once.

Even after this fix, do be prepared over time for more repair bills down the road. Mine took about over 1-1.5 years to fix all progressively.

rv218;1069758 said:
Thank you for the advice.

I went to Eng Soon this morning to get the front driver side lock. The price has went up, it cost $214 with GST. Then I drove to BVO to get it replaced. While there, I asked them to do an thorough check on the ride. Well... well... well... engine oil leaks, gearbox mounting wearoff etc etc... so total repair will come up to about $2k!

Anyway I am ok with parting the 2k as long as this will bring me peace of mind in the next 3.5 years. :D

Yupz correct, Eng Soon sold me at the same price when I bought it last week. Managed to DIY and now the door lock works fine. If check at realoem the item priced at $177.

Back