size wise, very similar to a WISH / STREAM

3 cyc / 1496 cc
116bhp / 4000rpm
270Nm / 1750rpm
4.3L/100km (combined)
$10,000 CEVS rebate

car pretty much comes with all the necessary bells and whistles

only consideration ... its a diesel.

one wonders how maintenance of a diesel engine compares with a petrol engine?

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

216D GT currently $172,800 with a preview discount of $7,000 ... $165,800

at present, no indication as they are aiming to public launch in Nov and start delivery of cars in end Nov / early Dec (tentative)

216D is in Cat A ... if they bring in the 218 ... it will be in Cat B so it might be quite a price jump if they do the 218D?

thankgod;1128357 said:
does this work for you?
BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer ':' At a glance

can anyone let me know if the diesel engine should be A concern?

You'll be better off with the diesel engine - in Europe 90% of all cars in this segment are diesel. Less maintenance, less problems, less hassle. Apart from the better torque and lower figure at the pump you won't see any difference to a petrol.

But why pay more than 40k premium over the VW Sportvan? Beats me.

martinsin;1128384 said:
You'll be better off with the diesel engine - in Europe 90% of all cars in this segment are diesel. Less maintenance, less problems, less hassle. Apart from the better torque and lower figure at the pump you won't see any difference to a petrol.

But why pay more than 40k premium over the VW Sportvan? Beats me.

thanks for the heads-up on the diesel. never owned a diesel car before and as always, have that "old stigma" about diesel engines requiring more maintenance etc.

perhaps my ignorance ... vw sportsvan is a 5 seater ... 216D GT is a 7 seater? ok ok, 216D GT is more like that 5+2 :D but the +2 comes in handy sometimes.

thankgod;1128400 said:
thanks for the heads-up on the diesel. never owned a diesel car before and as always, have that "old stigma" about diesel engines requiring more maintenance etc.

perhaps my ignorance ... vw sportsvan is a 5 seater ... 216D GT is a 7 seater? ok ok, 216D GT is more like that 5+2 :D but the +2 comes in handy sometimes.

Sorry, you are correct - Sportsvan only has the 5 seats - maybe the better comparison is with the Touran. German press also pitches the two: BMW 2er Gran Tourer und VW Touran: Die neuen Siebensitzer im ersten Vergleich - Auto Motor und Sport

Sportsvan is more like Active Tourer:
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/golf-sportsvan-b-klasse-2er-active-tourer-test-5488880.html

I had ordered one, delivery early Dec.. Car drive very smooth.. I think good for wife use to fetch kids and marketing....but 3rd row of seats very cramp, only kids can fit in, centre row seats not as comfort as 5 series..

Andy tan 74;1129093 said:
I had ordered one, delivery early Dec.. Car drive very smooth.. I think good for wife use to fetch kids and marketing....but 3rd row of seats very cramp, only kids can fit in, centre row seats not as comfort as 5 series..

congrats! good functional car.

Andy tan 74;1129093 said:

join you ... signed as well.

thankgod;1128378 said:
has anyone signed up for this 216D GT?

hey guys,
we signed up an Alpine White w Saddle Brown last evening.

I'm surprised myself because my wife was never into cars and will NEVER pay premium over practicality.
We were about to get the Grand Scenic, when we just went over to PML to take a look at this car.
Since she will be driving this most of the time, she took the test drive and she was surprised by the ride over Grand Scenic.
Equipment level is at least 2 notches higher too.... I reminded her that this car is 30K more than the Grand Scenic....

Long story short, she looked at me and asked, 'shall we get this?' I replied,'yes, let's do it!'

Hoping to collect car 2 weeks later

So now we have 3 2GTs here in this thread.
Maybe we should have a mini meetup.... collect car together?

dash;1129219 said:
So now we have 3 2GTs here in this thread.
Maybe we should have a mini meetup.... collect car together?

sounds fun.

whatsapp group chat?

i'm game for suggestions.

dash;1129218 said:
hey guys,
we signed up an Alpine White w Saddle Brown last evening.

I'm surprised myself because my wife was never into cars and will NEVER pay premium over practicality.
We were about to get the Grand Scenic, when we just went over to PML to take a look at this car.
Since she will be driving this most of the time, she took the test drive and she was surprised by the ride over Grand Scenic.
Equipment level is at least 2 notches higher too.... I reminded her that this car is 30K more than the Grand Scenic....

Long story short, she looked at me and asked, 'shall we get this?' I replied,'yes, let's do it!'

Hoping to collect car 2 weeks later

for us, the choice was between a VW Sharan or this 216D-GT. decided on the 216D-GT because the drive isn't bad and its compact enough to zip around town. the sharan seems a little too clumsy in comparison. space wise, sharan wins but 90% of the time, we don't use more than 4 seats! :D

216D-GT Sparkling Brown with Dakota Black interior here ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back