02' - 330 Ci - anyone know this car ?

Rastaman

Hi guys,

I am considering to get this 330 Ci - plate number is SDY 3455 ..any fellow brudders here can enlighten me more abt this car (problems if any) or know the previous drivers ?

I test drove the car and have the foll questions, any help/replies would be much appreciated..here goes

1. when put pedal to the metal, first gear launches off alright but there is a lag, 2secs maybe before 2nd engages, is this normal on these cars.Paddle shift also the same case ...a lag ! other gears all ok, downshift very smooth

2. Rear suspension height is only 1 finger, whereas front is 4 fingers. Is this normal on 330's or do i suspect the rear suspension is already kaput sine nearly 3 yrs old now ?

Other than that, it's a fantastic car and i think potentially could be even better !! with more love and care !! Cheers

Jeremy

never tried the SMG transmission before, lag of 2 seconds sounds a bit too long though.
rear suspension 1 finger is definitely not normal, unless springs changed or worn.

i'm driving a 330Ci '02 dec
i'm on stock suspension n 19" rims.

front suspension height 2 fingers. rear.. no fingers.
it has been like this for a few months already.

if the car has stock suspension for 3yrs, i think it will tend to drop alot.

Hi bros, tahnks for yr quick replies..

Charontes...what abt the quick take off's on yr car ? does it feel the same way ?? that is slight lag fm 1st to 2nd ?

SMG cars, like the M3, Opel Astra and Alfa Selespeed have one thing in common. An ECU controlled shift, and an automated clutch. The ECU doesn't lag, but it does decide what RPM to match the shifted gear to the next gear. That could cause the lag. Thing is, the lag doesn't mean the gear isn't engaged. The gear is already in place. The shift occurs in 0.2s for the Selespeed. The SMG is probably similar. It's the clutch (automated) that doesn't close. (yep, even 2s is normal at low revs and unmatched gears)...

Also, there's a difference on whether you're changing with your foot still on the accelerator pedal, or off. you should do the shift with your foot still on. you don't have to take it off...

If the throttle response a little slow, might be a different problem altogether. To see if the SMG really lags, don't change it at low rev. Whack the car and change it at approx 6k-7k RPM. That should tell you the problem whether it is or isn't the SMG.

Hi Jeremy,

r u sure u have seen a smg car or ur paddleshift means steptronic ?

if the car is less than 3 year, likelihood is that there is still warranty, u may ask dealer to send the car in for a check.

As for the suspension, it's normal cos the Ci comes with sports suspension and the front should be around 3 finger while the rear is around 1 finger

Re: 02' - 330 Ci - anyone know this car ?

Rastaman said:
Hi guys,

I am considering to get this 330 Ci - plate number is SDY 3455 ..any fellow brudders here can enlighten me more abt this car (problems if any) or know the previous drivers ?

I test drove the car and have the foll questions, any help/replies would be much appreciated..here goes

1. when put pedal to the metal, first gear launches off alright but there is a lag, 2secs maybe before 2nd engages, is this normal on these cars.Paddle shift also the same case ...a lag ! other gears all ok, downshift very smooth

2. Rear suspension height is only 1 finger, whereas front is 4 fingers. Is this normal on 330's or do i suspect the rear suspension is already kaput sine nearly 3 yrs old now ?

Other than that, it's a fantastic car and i think potentially could be even better !! with more love and care !! Cheers

Jeremy

hi pal, actually this was my ex car... :) im actually the 1st owner which i drove abt a year...no much problem in my 1 year of ownership except i've to change the clutch due to wear and tear.... :shock: actually this was the 1st smg 330ci pml brought in...anyway does the car still have the ac spoiler on?and is it still using the supersprint exhaust?

Hi integra,

Good to know i manage to track down the first owner ...!! Yes the car still has the ac front spolier and exhaust ( i didnt know it was supersprint). will be changing it to remus when fk has it but it does have a nice sound at higher revs

U mentioned change the clutch in the 1st year ..wow..any reason y ? failure ? what was the mileage and cost aprroximate ??

So far so good, the car is handling very well, smooth and torquey.

Rastaman said:
Hi integra,

Good to know i manage to track down the first owner ...!! Yes the car still has the ac front spolier and exhaust ( i didnt know it was supersprint). will be changing it to remus when fk has it but it does have a nice sound at higher revs

U mentioned change the clutch in the 1st year ..wow..any reason y ? failure ? what was the mileage and cost aprroximate ??

So far so good, the car is handling very well, smooth and torquey.

hi Rastaman,

used to have some mods for this car, like bilstein coilover, gruppe n air intake,superchip, ac rear spoiler( gt-wing type) & etc... took out almost everything when i sold the car except for the ac front & rear spoiler & the ss exhaust...

as for the clutch, i changed it at ard 20k km...i think it cost me ard 1000plus...reason for the wear maybe bcos of the using of launch control :thinking: but think i only used it for few times..maybe the clutch isn't that strong for that kind of torque the 330 has? :thinking:

anyway, hope u enjoy your ride now.. :) cheers

some pics of my ex ride ;)

Thanks for the input, yes im enjoying it very much indeed.

In fact, just changed all the brake pads and discs (zimmerman)last week end as pad light came on, guess due for a change anyway !

Hope to get the rest of the upgrades in the next few months !! cheers !! :dance:

Rastaman said:
Thanks for the input, yes im enjoying it very much indeed.

In fact, just changed all the brake pads and discs (zimmerman)last week end as pad light came on, guess due for a change anyway !

Hope to get the rest of the upgrades in the next few months !! cheers !! :dance:

hi rastaman, hope u wun mind me posting pics of your current ride.. :oops:
jus want share a few pics of "her" in the past :)

Hi dudes,

Integra - sure, pls post the pics, i would love to see her before too !! PML service guy Terry sure remembers u as first driver :)

Racebred - yes i bought it already , just sent today to PML for QC inspection.

SMG - :thumbsup: impressed !! tried the 330i over the weekend and can safely say, the oomph factor is very different !! compared to 330ci smg - its really another world

Rastaman said:
Hi dudes,

Integra - sure, pls post the pics, i would love to see her before too !! PML service guy Terry sure remembers u as first driver :)

glad u wun mind... :) cheers..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back