Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Squeaks from the brake pedal pivot joint? Can try to apply grease sparingly on them.

tat very good... mine only managed 9.7...

anyway, any 316i business got issue with aircon ???

loud yea... did highlight but they claimed its normal..

ONE of my aircon issue was, during driving, Driver center outlet stop blowing air... Passenger center and rear all blowing cool air.. Driver side managed a very light blow...

the vent keep blowing to leg when the direction is set to blow forward...

and some more other issues...

BUT, i still like my 316... :p

i hope mine is still normal for now! haha i will monitor but seems like no issues for now except the "eyy ohh eyy ohh" brake pedals.. :(

Trying very hard not to go into the dark side for now.. Just did window tint at infratint for now.

Probably gonna add 2ch dashcam this weekend.

Anyone knows why exhuast will comes in from aircon duct? How to prevent it?
Do i need to add the aircon filter.

sportmotor;1107462 said:
Anyone knows why exhuast will comes in from aircon duct? How to prevent it?
Do i need to add the aircon filter.
Another BMW 'safety' (kay-kiang) feature which lets in outside air every 30-40mins of re-circulated air setting. Experts, correct me if I am wrong.

It does attracts special responses...

Some light hearted stuff to share with fellow BM owners here on this sleepy Friday afternoon...

I have been driving Japanese cars all my life, till last end of last year when I felt it was time to change my 8 year old Civic, as things start to fall apart. My good friend (a die-hard BM fan) suggested me to switch to BM telling me it would be decision I would not regret adding that once you have driven a BM you would not want to revert back to drive a Jap car. Given the price differential between the 316i and the Jap model that I was eyeing was narrow (about 15k after trade-in, discounts, etc.), I decided to switch and bought the 316i. I have been driving it for 1 year since. In terms of the tangible aspects (e.g. power, performance, comfort, features, etc.) the comparable Jap cars are no where near it. I guess this needs no elaboration. However, what caught me by surprise was the attention you get driving a new BM.

People start seeing you differently. For a start, some my neighbours who would normally just walk pass me or at most just "hi-and-bye" to me start getting more friendly and engage in small talks. I also noticed road users in general tend to be more "polite" - maybe they reckon it may be costly to be involved in accident disputes with BMs. Then there is a condo that I go almost regularly for drop off and pick-up. When I drive my Civic previously, the guard will stop me and ask me standard questions (e.g. which unit I want to visit, purpose of visit, etc.) even when I tell them upfront I am there just only for drop off/pick up and also given that they do recognize me. However, things changed when I started driving the BM. Surprisingly, most of the time they just lift up the barrier and let me pass when they see my car drive in. Occasionly, when they do stop me and when I tell them I am there to drop off/pick up, most of the time they dun probe further and let me pass. The latest incident happened recently. It was a lady manning the guard house. I told her I am here to "pick up". She smiled, paused for awhile and cheekily replied - "How come no one come and pick me up, one ah?" and then let me pass.

Any regrets buying the 316i? No, in fact I think I am getting more than what I bargained for. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pulsar88;1107485 said:
Another BMW 'safety' (kay-kiang) feature which lets in outside air every 30-40mins of re-circulated air setting. Experts, correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway to overwrite this features?

Re: It does attracts special responses...

Kelvin99;1108202 said:
... However, things changed when I started driving the BM. Surprisingly, most of the time they just lift up the barrier and let me pass when they see my car drive in. Occasionly, when they do stop me and when I tell them I am there to drop off/pick up, most of the time they dun probe further and let me pass. The latest incident happened recently. It was a lady manning the guard house. I told her I am here to "pick up". She smiled, paused for awhile and cheekily replied - "How come no one come and pick me up, one ah?" and then let me pass....

I was forced to surrender my nric when I dropped off a relatives in their condo last weekend. So troublesome, I had to get out of the car to claim my nric when I exit. I think they buay song limpeh.

Re: It does attracts special responses...

LimPeh;1108232 said:
I was forced to surrender my nric when I dropped off a relatives in their condo last weekend. So troublesome, I had to get out of the car to claim my nric when I exit. I think they buay song limpeh.

Diff condo guard practice diff way lah. I always stick my ic on my forehead

mp3 and mp4 files on USB stick can be played from idrive... mp3 audio files no problem but mp4 videos can play audio but no video. Anyone managed to get video from USB stick to play?

[video=youtube;1x9BBw_q0E0]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9BBw_q0E0[/video]

Any buddies know how to set wiper speed? Sometimes drizzling and you want the wiper to wipe in interval of maybe 5-10secs.. Bmw doesn't seem to implement this in their cars. Push the wiper up once and its like constant fast wiping only..

Same for my dad's f10

Only found this:

Last edited by a moderator:

F30 front arch can swallow a 255 width front tire.

rayoflight;1110577 said:
[video=youtube;1x9BBw_q0E0]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9BBw_q0E0[/video]

Any buddies know how to set wiper speed? Sometimes drizzling and you want the wiper to wipe in interval of maybe 5-10secs.. Bmw doesn't seem to implement this in their cars. Push the wiper up once and its like constant fast wiping only..

Same for my dad's f10

Only found this:

I was trying to figure this one out too, notice can change the wiper speed with the knurled wheel up/down to increase/reduce sensitivity of rain sensor only when rain sensor is on auto. And I haven't got my wiper flick up yet, sigh, read need to off engine then can do

zz1248;1112489 said:
I was trying to figure this one out too, notice can change the wiper speed with the knurled wheel up/down to increase/reduce sensitivity of rain sensor only when rain sensor is on auto. And I haven't got my wiper flick up yet, sigh, read need to off engine then can do

Yea.. the only way is to increase/decrease the sensitivity of it.. sigh.. seems tooo "forward" technology liao.. haha

for the wiper to flick up.. off engine totally.. push wiper lever up for 3seconds and it will swipe n stay there

rayoflight;1112495 said:
Yea.. the only way is to increase/decrease the sensitivity of it.. sigh.. seems tooo "forward" technology liao.. haha

for the wiper to flick up.. off engine totally.. push wiper lever up for 3seconds and it will swipe n stay there

Ya waiting for raining day/car wash day to try it out ha

Back