Procedures of transferring ownership of pre-owned after-market exhaust

humpitydumpity

Bought set of pre-loved quad from a forumer recently.

Just want to share the process of transferring ownership and certifying it on the buyer's car:

1. It needs to be installed by an authorized workshop of the exhaust brand. In my case - Fong Kim (they did a very nice and professional job btw....) for Remus. Get the invoice to certify your installation by them. (note the cost of installation $$)

2. With your vehicle log-card (print-out at one.motoring), original cert of the exhaust (from manufacturer), invoice from authorized installer, proceed to the agent (of the exhaust brand) to administer the transfer of the ownership. The agent needs to log-in the transfer to LTA. They will also certify the transfer on the original exhaust cert from the manufacturer. Do note that the warranty of the exhaust would be voided once there is a transfer of ownership taken place. Dont ask me why, I find it absurd too. I didn't bother to probe since I know mufflers can last many years, unless there is a problem with the installation, or physical damage through accident. yes, you need to pay for the transfer (in my case was $100). It believe it goes into the agent's coffers, just for some typing and printing a piece of paper to certify that they acknowledge the transfer.

3. Now, to legalize the new ownership of the exhaust with LTA - vehicle inspection and again, for the inspection centre to log the transfer with LTA too??!?!?! dont ask me why, and yes, it seems like both the agent and vehicle inspection centre doing the same thing. I went to Vicom. Its a separate office from the normal vehicle inspection, where they deal with specific inspection and certification. In this case, I went to Kaki Bukit. They will give you another form whereby, you will have to get the previous owner of the exhaust, to sign and acknowledge the transfer of the system to you, you sign that same form too. You then return to Vicom again. (I dont know if it is available on Vicom's or LTA's website, maybe one.motoring, download the form and have it signed when you transact the exhaust with the seller, this will save you one extra trip).

4. Inspection and legalize the exhaust on your ride at Vicom - here's the catch - will they just inspect and certify your exhaust, or would they scrutinize your car for other mods that are not legal. say for example, your window tint..... For my case at Vicom Kaki Bukit, they didn't inspect any thing else not related to the exhaust. I didn't have illegal tinting on my windows, therefore didnt have to worry about that. They checked the emission from the exhaust, the noise (Db) it makes, and then physical inspection of the undercarriage to make sure you didn't remove the CATs or have done any mod to the exhaust that is not legal. (note the fees - $83). The queue can be long, and therefore Vicom would expect you to make an appointment with them for the inspection on another date. The inspection process (depending on the Q), takes about 30-45 mins, including all the paper work.

Please note that the entire process can vary for different exhaust brands, I have only provided a detailed guide based on my experience. Please don't shoot me for detail accuracy.

Now, I can enjoy my new toy without worrying about TP or LTA officers ......

Re: Procedures of transferring ownership of pre-owned after-market exhaust

Despite having legal exos, do you dare to floor your throttle when you see TP/LTA?
:)

Definitely floor but in lower gear and make sure they can hear you ......

That's what the cert is for .......

davidtch;1103554 said:
Despite having legal exos, do you dare to floor your throttle when you see TP/LTA?
:)

Procedures of transferring ownership of pre-owned after-market exhaust

When I first got my EG6, I floored in front of TP from 0-60. Got pulled over for inconsiderate driving.... CCB TP.

Irrelevant....

Side track in my own thread a bit... In the old days, before we redline the engine in every gear, we used to switch off the Aircon so as not to damage or reduce the lifespan of the compressor, since it's linked to the engine. Do we still need to do that these days, in order to extend the life of the Aircon compressor?

very lengthy procedure....

humpitydumpity;1103671 said:
Side track in my own thread a bit... In the old days, before we redline the engine in every gear, we used to switch off the Aircon so as not to damage or reduce the lifespan of the compressor, since it's linked to the engine. Do we still need to do that these days, in order to extend the life of the Aircon compressor?
No need. Nowadays, no need to off air con as it is cut-off during engine starts up.

David, TS is asking if the aircon compressor disengage when engine goes past certain rpm when driving. I keen to know too.

Jason8822;1103716 said:
David, TS is asking if the aircon compressor disengage when engine goes past certain rpm when driving. I keen to know too.
I think aircon compressor will disengage.

davidtch;1103717 said:
I think aircon compressor will disengage.

If that's the case, then if a car is traveling at high speed/high rev constantly, the aircon would not be cold?

I just want to know if I am damaging the aircon compressor whenever I floored the engine, without switching off the aircon.

TIA for any further contribution to this Q.

Good day, eisenmann dealer quoted me $350 before gst and before vicom inspection for transfer of ownership of exhaust to another owner. Is that the normal price? Thanks!!!

You actually do not need the documents from the dealer if the person who sold you the exhaust have all the certs...etc. You just need him to sign a document stating that he sold the exhaust to you. But the process it a little troublesome..etc.

You can google and study more on it if you want to save some money.

However, if the person who sold the exhaust to you does not have the original paperwork then you will need to go to the dealer to get all the documentation

Reactions: SMK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
king33today
Back