Le über Z4

Re: Le über Z4

wow. nice! supercharged.
and the interlagos blue is damn nice..maybe i shud respray mine to interlagos blue

just wondering, do supercharged cars have BOVs?

They don't and neither do stock turbo cars. The SC comes with 2 diverter valves which recirculate the charged air back into the intake. Some cars are running only one. The diverter valve can be replaced with a BOV but it will never be as loud as turbo cars because the pressure is less than half of the turbos.

Very nice!!!... that's some monster i tell you. wahahaha..... been waiting for this write up for some time.

:drool: :drool::drool:

heh heh heh heh heh

very proud of this Z4 owner.. I heard he ran the jap monsters ragged in some foreign drag strip... Who says BMW cant run?!?!?!

My idol... still waiting for the opportunity to meet this jap-monster killer!!

heh saw this o nthe dyno at ST. he must have done some more work with it, was making 257 at the crank when i was there. Very good numbers over stock though, considering the limited boost of a SC.

mistraele said:
heh saw this o nthe dyno at ST. he must have done some more work with it, was making 257 at the crank when i was there. Very good numbers over stock though, considering the limited boost of a SC.

that must have been the early stages, the last number was a whopping 300bhp. Now out of commision already. who's the next running monster?.

I love the gauges.! This ride is truely one of its kind!

ok I m not good with inductions of any kine......my question is that why does he need a turbo guage for a SCed engine config??

Turbo gauge measures the boost pressure. It shouldn't be called a turbo gauge anyway since it can be used for SC applications.

And holy crap! 300bhp at the crank!!! Very impressive!!! No wonder the owner mentioned that his car can eat an old beat up NSX alive huh huh huh :D :D :D

Brandons said:
Turbo gauge measures the boost pressure. It shouldn't be called a turbo gauge anyway since it can be used for SC applications.

And holy crap! 300bhp at the crank!!! Very impressive!!! No wonder the owner mentioned that his car can eat an old beat up NSX alive huh huh huh :D :D :D

and beat "a lot" of other cars... huh huh huh huh huh.. whoooshhhh.

More commonly known as "boost gauge" and are applicable to ALL forced induction engines - whether SuperCharged or TurboCharged. Their function ranges from monitoring turbo surge (Not so for SC) but also monitoring target boost attained. Else how to know if you have attained required boost or perhaps even a boost leak?

Brandons said:

Nice paint work!. The guages looks out of the way, Should have "hidden" these below the dash ro on the centre console. But looks great at night with well-lit clear.

Whia, 0.6 bar already pulling 300HP. Can tweak to 0.8 bar without any problems on the engine. That would probably be FASTER than an M3 due to humongous torque the blower kicks. Nice work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11sin88com
Back