Knocking sound when turning steering for 218i Grand Tourer

Reddog73

HI,

I am driving a 5 years old 218i Grand Tourer. I feel steering knocking sound when turning or even go over humps. Also, I feel my steering free play is getting more and more.

Any advice? Any BMW specialized workshop to recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I got knocking sound too over humps and turning with my 2015 218i active tourer. Brought to workshop and changed the lower control arms in the front left and right. No more sound now after the fix.
I suspect yours is the same problem. I brought it to my regular workshop: SKM Motorworks at kaki bukit

HI,

I am driving a 5 years old 218i Grand Tourer. I feel steering knocking sound when turning or even go over humps. Also, I feel my steering free play is getting more and more.

Any advice? Any BMW specialized workshop to recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Hi bro, I've sent you a PM.

Seems like I have a similar issue, knocking sound especially when the road is noticeably uneven. Suspect it’s the control arms, need to have it looked at too.

Seems like I have a similar issue, knocking sound especially when the road is noticeably uneven. Suspect it’s the control arms, need to have it looked at too.

Hi bro I've dropped you a PM on this

Thanks for reaching out Bernard. Got my car repaired yesterday at Codewerx, sound’s gone! :)

You're welcome bro! Thanks for popping by yesterday.

We're happy to help you back on the road with minimum downtime :)

Hi, I have the same issue with my 6 years old 218i AT. May I know what is the cost to repair it?

Hi bro I've already sent you a PM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back