E60 N52 Heater Valves

mercur1al

Have a weird problem which is currently being diagnosed, so thought I will post here to see if any of you have experienced before.

Car is an E60 2006, 2.5L N52 523i.

Car threw out 2 fault codes, 9C7A and 9C79, which relates to left/right water heater valve sitting below strut tower. Result is cold air from all vents except really hot air coming out from leg vent.

Mechanic and I suspected valves were stuck open, and replaced it. However, fault code is still present and leg vents still blowing hot air.

We tried a few water valves, from cars with working valves (no fault code on their car) to brand new water valves. All threw up the same 2 codes on my car once installed.

Mechanic suspects that the flaps in cabin could be stuck open, hindering operation of the valves. Our next course of action is possibly to dismantle the dashboard to take a look.

Before we go that drastic route, anyone has gone through something similar? Thanks in advance!

Re: E60 N52 Heater Valves

Fault code I'm no expert. But hope ur mechanic is good. Did u go through the recycling mode of the AC? Channel all to the body.
Recently someone had major AC issues. One of the sponsors solve it...but is major take out everything. Dash must come off once u have these AC channel air problems.
Hot air not necessarily from a heater. I understand it draws some from the engine bay too.
Anyway if u want the name of site sponsor. PM me I tell u who.

Bieffe;1123690 said:
Fault code I'm no expert. But hope ur mechanic is good. Did u go through the recycling mode of the AC? Channel all to the body.
Recently someone had major AC issues. One of the sponsors solve it...but is major take out everything. Dash must come off once u have these AC channel air problems.
Hot air not necessarily from a heater. I understand it draws some from the engine bay too.
Anyway if u want the name of site sponsor. PM me I tell u who.

So far i've been very happy with him. Had an steering angle sensor fault earlier, most mechanics would have changed it the sensor and called it a day. My mechanic actually told me not to purchase it, and lets try to clean it first. If cleaning didn't work, then replace it. The cleaning thankfully worked!

Yes, went through recycling as well. Weirdly, once i shut off the leg vents, the rear aircon vents become the one blowing out hot air.

I'm driving the same model hope I don't get these issues. Have been reading abt the Internet for ur error codes...but most ppl problem solved after changing new parts.

Yup, most people had it resolved after changing the water heater valve.

Really frustrating that mine is persistent even after changing!

Cos next thing will be the wiring. Some had the wires broken or exposed. To side track how's ur radio reception? 98FM sucks on mine.

Yup we suspect wiring as well, but tested using a multimeter and socket looked fine.

Haha no idea on 98FM, I listen to Gold90 and 987... Gold90 was shit for the past few weeks. Had a crackling sound from right speaker.

We went through all the wiring today, dismantled entire dashboard to check on cooling and heating coil. All looks in order, no leaks but cooling coil as expected, was insanely dirty.

After putting everything back and going over the wiring again with a test pen, the same fault codes surfaced with same symptoms of hot air at leg vents.

We decided that the only other issue could possibly be the climate control panel. Swapping it out indeed resolved the fault code. One entire day of frustration finally ended decently.

Climate control panel means the knobs & buttons we press and turn to control air and temp? Cos the air distribution is controlled by the OBC...the screen under climate using the big knob near the hand brake.
Well at least solved. Ur mechanic sounds like a real deal. Pm his contacts to me leh.

Yes the aircon panel basically.

Don't need to PM u bro, his contact is all over the forum but he's across the causeway lol.

mercur1al;1123846 said:
Yes the aircon panel basically.

Don't need to PM u bro, his contact is all over the forum but he's across the causeway lol.
Can pm me the contacts pls. I cannot find.

So far i've been very happy with him. Had an steering angle sensor fault earlier, most mechanics would have changed it the sensor and called it a day. My mechanic actually told me not to purchase it, and lets try to clean it first. If cleaning didn't work, then replace it. The cleaning thankfully worked!

Yes, went through recycling as well. Weirdly, once i shut off the leg vents, the rear aircon vents become the one blowing out hot air.
Morning buddy, can intro tr workshop? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet78art
Back