Driving up to Phuket ...solo car

cts1885

Hello all,

I am having the idea go drive up to Phuket w my wife .. 2 pax only on 9 years old 523i. Iam concern about security/risk on the Malaysia/Thai immigration ... 'Custom officer may be tricky?'

Anyone have driven their Beemer solo car to Thailand?
Kindly share your experience.

Thanks!
CTS

Have not done so but plenty from SG have, i think you can google for info.

What sort of info do you need?

They are plenty of Singapore cars crossing over. Look at other forums too.

Many European car owners go in and out safely. Many drive solo. Even European SUVs too. Even fuel grades not a serious concern any more.

More importantly, is your car fit for the demanding task? Is your cooling system even tough enough? Suspension, brakes, gearbox and even your alternator can take a bashing. The last thing you need are costly repairs or towing car to have faults fixed.

If not many will answer you here, please visit other forums. Many drivers do put up blogs and very thorough driving guides with photos.

Hope this helps.

Driven to Hatyai many many times. Security is not as bad as it appear on the papers. Keep a copy of yr log-card as u may need it @ Thai custom somtimes. Remember to purchase an insurance before entering Thai custom. Most problems can b solve with $ so u dun even hv to worry abt the officers in both region as long as u carry enough $.

Thanks for replying.

From other forum .. A few travelling solo did get trouble from custom ... And they did solve the problem w $.

I guess this is part the 'adventure' for driving tour in MY or TH

At Thailand immigration checkpoint, you need to show a certified copy of log card from LTA if you do not have the hard copy. You will also need to fill in an immigration form for each person. Lastly get ready S$30 for express check in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11sin88com
Back