Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Bumper colour difference

bumper1.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Please let me know if you think the shade difference is obvious.

workshop commented that my expectation is too high, but i don't think so. although they may have used the correct colour code, but i believe the tinting can be adjusted to better match the adjacent panels.
nevertheless, workshop has agreed to rectify by repainting.

Very obvious difference, especially in the first pic where the light reflects on the left.

If there’s some effort to at least blend it then I would close one eye. The SOP for most workshops seems to be
Step 1: refer to paint code
Step 2: paint bumper
Step 3: attach bumper
Step 4: take money, wipe hands clean, adios.

Last year when I changed new bumper for my car, the paintshop also made a mess of matching the colour, was told white is too hard to match especially when original paint has shown signs of deterioration over the years. Ended up spraying my whole car because no matter how they blend, I still find it ugly....

Same situation like you, my wife also say it's not obvious at all. But everyday I looked it and felt something was wrong. Nowadays I think twice before changing body kits

Last year when I changed new bumper for my car, the paintshop also made a mess of matching the colour, was told white is too hard to match especially when original paint has shown signs of deterioration over the years. Ended up spraying my whole car because no matter how they blend, I still find it ugly....

Same situation like you, my wife also say it's not obvious at all. But everyday I looked it and felt something was wrong. Nowadays I think twice before changing body kits

thanks for sharing. The paint shop repainted and the second time the match is closer. But I still needed to engage another paint shop to rectify the orange peel issue. Now it’s all resolved. I also got it detailed and coated. But it’s a long tedious journey.

paint is like that, not advisable to do partial, especially when older paint is concerned.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88bond

Latest posts

Back