Search results

  1. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device I am very happy with the purchase but..so far, the origin and actual workings of this thing is still shrouded in mystery..questions like what brand, what make, how does it function, or even, what is it actually called? Not that it will affect my very good impression...
  2. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Installed the device at BVO this evening. Took Bernard all of 10 minutes. First impression is that of WOW!! The throttle response is very crisp, alarmingly so. The car just leaps forward with the slightest foot pressure and it changes gear much more rapidly as it revs...
  3. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device I am not a tech junkie, but was just thinking aloud. 1. If this gadget works by controlling the throttle butterfly, then does it mean that it won't work on Valvetronics since there is no butterfly valve in these cars? 2. I presume that this gadget bypasses the...
  4. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device OK then, guess will have to wait for BVO to get the stocks. Sounds like this is what every automatic car needs. Can't wait. It was mentioned earlier that it could be fitted into E46, 39, 60, 65, etc .... So, any idea if this is a 'universal' gadget that fits all...
  5. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device ok, so much for discussions. Appears that this device does have a definite positive effect on throttle response. So, any idea if it is 'commercially' available at BVO or for that matter, in any of the other usual local BMW tuners, now?
  6. Y

    sunroofs.

    Re: sunroofs. Hi Kai, U said that an original e90 sunroof will take 2 months to arrive...does that mean that yr car presently does not have one and PML can retro-install it for you?
  7. Y

    Who can solve interior creaks and rattles?

    Re: Who can solve interior creaks and rattles? Sorry Racebred, but how would pioneer or blaupunk do it?
  8. Y

    Who can solve interior creaks and rattles?

    Hi, It seems that all my BMWs ( past and present ) have the problem of unwanted irritating upholstery / trim noises. The only thing that PML does is to spray silicon lubricant on the door rubber seals. I understand that tracking of this noise problem can be a very tedious task and I guess...
  9. Y

    Hi and a first quick question

    Re: Hi and a first quick question Only $260K now? wow, how far and fast prices have dropped huh.
  10. Y

    Hi and a first quick question

    Re: Hi and a first quick question The new 730i makes 258bhp, the pre face lift one 231bhp. However, a couple of other forumers, including myself have upgraded the ECU mapping of the latter and I expect the power increase to nearly match that of the new car. There was a definite power increase...
  11. Y

    My newly installed CyberSpeed Carbon Fiber airbox!

    Re: My newly installed CyberSpeed Carbon Fiber airbox! I was also thinking about installing one into my car until I got caught one night in a bad paya lebar flood. The water level was up to my front grills. I have always wondered after that night, how would one tackle such floods with an air...
  12. Y

    Can exhaust really suck in water?

    Re: Can exhaust really suck in water? So what is the cause of stock cars stalling in floods ( besides the bumper level CAIs that is )?
  13. Y

    Can exhaust really suck in water?

    Re: Can exhaust really suck in water? Yes, it was about 3 nights ago. Scary, thanks to the never ending circle line ( or PLE? ) works. So it means that as long the engine is on, even at idle rpm, there will be no sucking back, right?
  14. Y

    Can exhaust really suck in water?

    I was driving through a bad flood at Paya Lebar ( where else! ) and was sure that the exhaust tip was below water. I can hear the exhaust bubbling behind. Damn scared but managed to crawl to dry land without stalling as I kept the foot on the accelerator pedal and kept the revs above 2K. It was...
  15. Y

    Wood Trim for E90

    Hi, Can anyone tell me where to get cheaper wood trimming for the E90 320i? PML quoted my friend $2.5K to replace the stock 'titanium' trim with wood ones. Thanks.
  16. Y

    Run-Flats ? Repair or Change

    Re: Run-Flats ? Repair or Change Yes, I believe that some ( myself included ) are not well informed as to what makes a tyre be classified as being 'runflat'...so don't know what to do if tyre puncture..take the official recommended path and change a new tyre. I am now slightly wiser. Thanks...
  17. Y

    Run-Flats ? Repair or Change

    Re: Run-Flats ? Repair or Change No man. I was told by the salesperson yesterday ( I was with friend when she collected the new 320i from PML ) that the run flats for the 3 series is about $400 going up to almost $800 for the 18 inch. OK, we patch it up if it kenna a nail / screw. But...
  18. Y

    Run-Flats ? Repair or Change

    My friend's E90 is shod with run flats all round. PML advises against doing patching if one of the tyres get punctured, but to replace the tyre...almost $400 per tyre!!! Quite expensive for simple nail / sharps injuries. What is the general opinion? Do a $10 patch repair job or go for a $400...
  19. Y

    new E36 owner...some questions, pls help

    Re: new E36 owner...some questions, pls help Has had 3 previous E36 ( 318iS, 320 and 328 ). No problems with 318iS. In both the 320 and 328, the radiators leaked at about 40K km and needed replacements. The 328's battery exploded ( yes, exploded ) without provocation. This is likely to be a...
  20. Y

    1 day E90

    Re: 1 day E90 When I had some teething problems with my 730i during the first few months of ownership, PML was unable to fix them for me. These are minor problems actually, like the sensitivity settings of the auto headlights and poor range of the remote door lock control, but the ignorant...
Back
Top