*Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Re: *Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

vegadonovan;985981 said:
Just went Asia square. not sure if it's building 1. The ramp up is long but not exactly small. I find it ok. My car is about the same car length as yours. Should be fine for you =) Just be vigilant as the turning is a bit weird like anti clockwise and such.
Thanks bro & safe driving to all! :)
p/s: and good luck to me going in & out of the carpark! :lol:

Cloverman;985987 said:
Thanks bro & safe driving to all! :)
p/s: and good luck to me going in & out of the carpark! :lol:

Come on! You can do it!! :D
Dun let someone stomp you not clearing.... and say its a BMW (again).

mambo12;1018344 said:
so why avoid these carparks? too narrow? or potential to scrap bottom?

big hump......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Haven't had to add to this list in a long time. Scrapped the undercarriage badly at Carlton City Hotel exit. Ranks right up there with Shaw Plaza and Quality Hotel and bugis junction middle road.

1. Thomson Medical Center
2. Bugis Junction (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
4. Millenium Sq (Raffles Blvd Exit)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
9. Suntec City - humps at exit near Koi Garden - undercarriage killer.
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa Shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
12. HDB Multistory Car Parks (avoid those w/ basement)
13. Golden Mile Complex
14. Changi Village Hotel Carpark
15. Sheraton Hotel
16. West Mall Carpark - undercarriage killer
17. Junction 8 - undercarriage killer
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien Hotel car park
22. Republic Poly car park
23. Paragon car park (coming up)
24. Vivo City cargo entrance
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
28. Punggol Plaza underground carpark
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
30. Tan Tock Seng Hospital
31. Peninsular Plaza, Hotel & so forth.. freaking tight...
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
33. Paramount Hotel (east coast rd) - slope leading to lobby and coming down
34. Queensway Shopping Centre
35. King's Arcade basement carpark.
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
37. Turf Club MCP - Intermediate level ramp, killer hump on the slope up
38. Quality hotel (balestier)
39. Sing Post Bldg (Paya Lebar)
40. People's Park Carpark
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
44. Sakai Sushi's carpark at Tradehub 21, next to Chervons
45. Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )
52. NEX shopping mall Serangoon (gets really jammed up during peak hours, aka lunch hour, usually exiting carpark results in jams at slope, quite narrow)
53. Tampanies Mall underground carpark (kills all cars)
54. 371 Upper Paya Lebar Road, Yi Kai Court, Paya Lebar ( killer exit, ╔ shape exit with a pillar on your right. the only carpark i had ever got stuck)
55. SGX Center 2 (stock 323i) - ENTERING: Acute angle to align your car to the Parking Machine to insert your cashcard. All the scrape marks on the concrete base of the machine are the best evidence of danger. EXITING: Right as you turn out to Boon Tat Link, VERY NARROW turn and slight downslope. So you lose sight of the side concrete barriers. Lotsa scape marks to prove what damage had been done to other cars!
56. Bukit Timah Shopping Center - Upper Bukit Timah Road. M-sport suspension with 2 passengers, entrance hump, MASSIVE hit on mid section :-(
57. Plaza Singapura - from rooftop to one level down, worst experience, still have nightmares
58. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple carpark
59. Elias Mall, Pasir Ris (car park is narrow with very narrow ramp and tight turns)
60. Manhattan medical center
61. 100AM shopping mall
62. Carlton City Hotel exit.

Okay people, I had some free time and I managed to dig up some old threads about this so I decided to combine what I can and hope that the rest of u can come in and share ur experiences. Please add to the list and the reason if possible. Would be nice if u can also state your ride and if lowered, lowered on what and how low is it to the ground.

Carparks to avoid:

1. Thomas Medical Center
2. Bugis (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18 . Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien hotel car park
22.Republic poly car park

List away!

thomas medical center is such a headache

List of Carparks to avoid

1. Thomson Medical Center
2. Bugis Junction (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa Shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien Hotel car park
22. Republic Poly car park
24. Vivo City cargo entrance
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
28. Punggol Plaza underground carpark
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
30. Tan Tock Seng Hospital
31. Peninsular Plaza, Hotel & so forth.. freaking tight...
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
33. Paramount Hotel (east coast rd) - slope leading to lobby and coming down
34. Queensway Shopping Centre
35. King's Arcade basement carpark.
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
37. Turf Club MCP - Intermediate level ramp, killer hump on the slope up
38. Quality hotel (balestier)
39. Sing Post Bldg (Paya Lebar)
40. People's Park Carpark
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)
43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
44. Sakai Sushi's carpark at Tradehub 21, next to Chervons
45. Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )
52. NEX shopping mall Serangoon (gets really jammed up during peak hours, aka lunch hour, usually exiting carpark results in jams at slope, quite narrow)
53. Tampanies Mall underground carpark (kills all cars)
54. 371 Upper Paya Lebar Road, Yi Kai Court, Paya Lebar ( killer exit, ╔ shape exit with a pillar on your right. the only carpark i had ever got stuck)
55. SGX Center 2 (stock 323i) - ENTERING: Acute angle to align your car to the Parking Machine to insert your cashcard. All the scrape marks on the concrete base of the machine are the best evidence of danger. EXITING: Right as you turn out to Boon Tat Link, VERY NARROW turn and slight downslope. So you lose sight of the side concrete barriers. Lotsa scape marks to prove what damage had been done to other cars!
56. Bukit Timah Shopping Center - Upper Bukit Timah Road: entrance hump,
57. Plaza Singapura - from rooftop to one level down
58. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple carpark
59. Elias Mall, Pasir Ris (car park is narrow with very narrow ramp and tight turns)
60. Manhattan medical center
61. 100AM shopping mall
62. Carlton City Hotel exit
63. Liang Court basement carpark: very narrow up-ramp
64. Liang Court multi-storey carpark: sharp, near right-angle turns
65. Orchard Gateway/Central: narrow ramps
66. Singapore Post Centre: new carpark entrance hump will hit mid-section if not handled properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't get how cars bigger than a hatchback exit Wisma Atria while the entry is so nice and wide.Exit is a right angle and really narrow! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back