Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

How to set selling price ?

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audiowise said:
Hi,

I intend to sell my E46 318i(A) registered in Nov 2001. But am unsure what is the market price I should be asking for. It has things like 17" rim, white light. Any advise on the market value ?

In general what would one do to determine the value of car he is trying to sell ? Thanks in advance.

Hi Audiowise,

Just signed away my car today..heh

Okay, anyway the things you should need are.

1. COE Rebate
2. Parf Rebate

You can check how much you can get back on this website.

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=LTA-OSMC-EPR&isNew=true

and basically, how much the dealer is willing to take in your body for export/sale. Typically for cars, the dealer will not offer you much for what you stated, i.e your white lights and rims.

Your body might fetch 13-14K? this is a very rough estimate from me. I managed to sell my car around 11K. Due to the fact i dont have stuff like Steptronic and Multifunction steering wheel. Don't take my word for granted however.... Hope others from the forum can feedback you on this :)

Basically the dealer will want your car to be accident-free and in it's original paintwork before you can try pulling for a higher price. Ooh yes, lower mileage will count too. If you're pulling in at more than 20K KM per year, think it will be considered as high mileage and they won't offer so much.

So total price you're looking at will be your coe rebate + parf rebate + body = selling price.

Good luck and i hope you can fetch a high price for your ride.

Oh yes, welcome to the BMW.SG forums! :) :wavey:

-Accident Free
-Color
-Mileage
-Accessory Options

I think a fair judgement of price should come from the Straits Times Classifieds. Take a look at Saturday's paper should have some '01 318s for sale.

Re: How to set selling price ?

Audiowise said:
Hi,

I intend to sell my E46 318i(A) registered in Nov 2001. But am unsure what is the market price I should be asking for. It has things like 17" rim, white light. Any advise on the market value ?

In general what would one do to determine the value of car he is trying to sell ? Thanks in advance.

so bro whats your next ride gonna be ? :)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the suggestion and tips. Will use them. As for next ride, I am still thinking about it. But just want to save some money by selling the car and before I plunge into another car.

cheers

Audiowise said:
Hi All,

Thanks for all the suggestion and tips. Will use them. As for next ride, I am still thinking about it. But just want to save some money by selling the car and before I plunge into another car.

cheers
Also, check out the classifieds section and get a feel of how much roughly people are asking for similar ride like yours in terms of car age.

Back