Fuel gauge 3/4 on filling, plus other issues.

davejhyde

Just bought a 2016 X5, 4.4ltr twin turbo. Everything was good on the test drive and when I picked the car up. I stopped to refuel as it was on 1/4, after filling the gauge only read 3/ ish. I got home and came back out a little later had a bit of trouble starting the car, after a couple of tries it started and the fuel gauge is now just pointing down. The range appears to be going down as expected. I also on a 70km drive on highway had 'transmission temp too high' warning and the car said drive moderately, reduced power. I stopped for 5 mins and that went away. When I had issues starting the car I put a battery maintainer on, after 20 mins it showed full, battery voltage 12.6 then when running 13.9, so I know alternator is good. Could this be a bad battery causing these faults. I am inclined to get the transmission serviced just in case. Any advise would be appreciated.

How come you didnt sent the car to a workshop to do a full inspection before purchase it?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

It was checked. Looks like it was just the battery causing the issue. New battery and everything seems to be clear. The transmission temp only started after a long drive. Unfortunately the checks they did never flagged this, getting a service done this weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kufuncc
Back