BMW X2 discussion and mods

blackm54

Hi all, realised that there is no topics for this model yet.
I believed there are already some tuning chip for this and the parts are now about to flood the market soon.

Please share if you are a new owner of a X2 :)

Dez

Hi, I am a new owner of an orange X2. Just got my ride a few days before CNY.

I find the ride quite hard and bumpy. Mine is the sDrive 18i M Sport X. I guess this is expected due to the M Sport's suspension and 19 inch rims. Else the drive is agile and more responsive than my previous 318i. Still getting use to driving something different from a sedan. In my first fill up, the attendant pumped in 55 litres of petrol. I thought the specification says a 51 litres fuel tank.

Looking forward to know more owners of X2 and learning from each other.

Kieran

Definately more than 55 liters.
The hard ride is prob added by the run flats.
Currently there is a tuning chip by DTE and K&N cold air intake can enhance your ride and sound— if you are into it. (Basic stuff)

Can find any exhaust yet that is legal.

For the fuel tank, I checked the purchase agreement. Under option, it showed larger capacity fuel tank. That's explains, so it is a 61 litres tank.

I am wondering about Apple CarPlay for X2. Under my Connected Drive, it shows that I am booked for Apple CarPlay till 2022. However, I am unable to activate it in my iDrive. The customer service person at BMW ConnectedDrive told me that my car doesn't have the necessary equipment for Apple CarPlay. I disagrees and ask her to check again. I am puzzled how come Apple CarPlay is unavailable for X2 in Singapore? Or has anyone gotten it to work?

Hi All,

Looks like the X2 owners' group is really dead. I understand that there is a vibrant X1 community out there. In any case, let me answer my own question regarding the Apple Car Play issue for X2 and other "lower end" models. I got their reply in March 2019 after speaking and emailing with Connected Drive people. See below:

"We wish to inform you that all the X2 sold by our authorized dealer (PML) are not capable of using Apple CarPlay due to lack of certain equipment/options.

Equipment/options decision are made by the dealerships, and it vary from model to model.

In order to use the Apple CarPlay service, the vehicle must be equipped with SA609 system Professional plus either SA6NS Enhanced Telephony or SA6NV Telephony with Wireless Charging."

So Apple Car Play is not possible because we only have S6UNA Navigation (from Vin Decoder) eventhough S6CPA Preparation Apple CarPlay was present. I wrote back to thank them for their response and mentioned that it was quite a shame since Apple Car Play and Android Auto are widely available in Korean and Japanese cars and asked about the possibility of making it available for all lower series BMWs. Naturally, I did not receive a reply and closed the case.

To make the matter more laughable, we received an email from Arnt Bayer, MD of Performance Motors on 26 Dec 2019. See below:

"We have a treat for all BMW ConnectedDrive customers—unlimited support for Apple CarPlay®, free of charge.

All customers whose vehicles are equipped with Apple CarPlay® Preparation will now have unlimited access to Apple CarPlay®. This includes existing and new customers who purchased, renewed or ordered this service from the factory.

The best part is: you don’t have to do anything at all.How to use:To use Apple CarPlay® in your vehicle with your iPhone, simply choose ‘Apple CarPlay’ as the connection mode for your mobile device in the communication settings.

Due to the sheer volume of vehicles in our database, we seek your patience and understanding if this change is not immediately reflected.

You can check on the current status of Apple CarPlay® and ConnectedDrive services for your vehicle by visiting www.bmw-connecteddrive.sg.

Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or call BMW Customer Care at 1800 269 6464.

So naturally, I called up Connected Drive again regarding this offer. After some to and fro, I was told that this offer was conditional on those who had purchased Apple Car Play subscription or have an active subscription. And .......... Yes, I do qualify. They helped checked my "Apple CarPlay Preparation" and there is no longer an expiration date.

HOWEVER, I still don't have the right equipment for Apple Carplay to work.... So the only way to "enjoy this offer" is either to upgrade my equipment or upgrade to a higher series BMW car with Apple Carplay equipment. #niceone; #fantastic upselling

Last edited:
try Saris - works with multiple bikes, rearmount, good for anything from Vezel (X2) to Camry (3 or 5 series) and everything in between.

Saris Bones series. EX3

This forum is really dead. It has been 2.5 years since I got my X2. And still hardly any posts. I can only comfort myself that our cars are very rare and indeed unique. :)

This forum is really dead. It has been 2.5 years since I got my X2. And still hardly any posts. I can only comfort myself that our cars are very rare and indeed unique. :)

Maybe look for a WhatsApp grp.most models have got groups.

Hello. I just got my pre-loved ride 2018 sDrive20i. Considered this as a muscle-up upgrade from my previous Vezel. Anyone reviving this group since there is now a growing base of X2 users?

For bike rack, I bought the Draw-Tite from etrailer.com and shipped it to SG.

My only gripe? No Auto Hold function (even though it's shown on the dashboard, probably same product used across other higher models) and the USB/cigarette jack port does not die off when the engine is off.

Anyone with WA group or keeping this thread alive to share mods, let me know.

Just bought my pre owned X2 1 week ago. It is a SDrive which sucks balls coming from from a 328 F30. The car does feel solid though and the engine note is better than the diesel sounding F30. However, the accelerator is a very lethargic and I am hoping to have the ECU remapped soon with Welauto. But will be happy to hear if there are better workshop suggestions out there.

There is no Harman Kardon on mine and I was disappointed to know the stock speakers are pushed by just the player itself. However, it was easy to get nicer sounds by just upgrading all the speakers. I went so far as to add in tweeters and purchased the Harman Kardon holders for the doors.

The big difference came from the sub woofers under the seats, IMHO this is a real must if you're tired of the hollow high and mid range stock sounds.

if any owners see this post, there are a handful of owners in our WA group and we had done a meet up last week. pls touchbase with us from the Motorist app if keen! cheers.

Back