What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

rodders

Well-Known Member
Legendary 10 Years
The last two years have been indeed very eventful for Singapore. Over these past two years we have seen these major events happening here in Singapore. Things we thought would never happen or would never happen again.

1. PAP loosing its first ever GRC and more grounds to the opposition in the last General Elections.
2. The PAP loosing two by-elections with one of them being a PAP held ward.
3. The closely and hotly fought Presidential elections.
4. The strike by SMRT Chinese bus drivers.
5. The hacking incidences by the Messiah group.
6. The Little India riot.

While the authorities and some of us may not think that these events are linked or related, I feel that we should not simply dismiss such incidences. A quick glance at these incidences show that there are segments of the local population cheering and taking delight in these incidences. Right or wrong is not the point here. The alarming thing to note is that there is a growing tide of discontentment in the population both local and foreign in Singapore. I fear that if Singapore does not re-examine itself closely and make the necessary changes, things might get worst and uglier. Not everything can be solved by harsh laws or brute might.
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

ya soon we will hv gun shootings like Malaysia. cant wait to get my hands on a desert eagle
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

rodders said:
The last two years have been indeed very eventful for Singapore. Over these past two years we have seen these major events happening here in Singapore. Things we thought would never happen or would never happen again.

1. PAP loosing its first ever GRC and more grounds to the opposition in the last General Elections.
2. The PAP loosing two by-elections with one of them being a PAP held ward.
3. The closely and hotly fought Presidential elections.
4. The strike by SMRT Chinese bus drivers.
5. The hacking incidences by the Messiah group.
6. The Little India riot.

While the authorities and some of us may not think that these events are linked or related, I feel that we should not simply dismiss such incidences. A quick glance at these incidences show that there are segments of the local population cheering and taking delight in these incidences. Right or wrong is not the point here. The alarming thing to note is that there is a growing tide of discontentment in the population both local and foreign in Singapore. I fear that if Singapore does not re-examine itself closely and make the necessary changes, things might get worst and uglier. Not everything can be solved by harsh laws or brute might.

Lots of changes to the economic mechanism and socio-fabric that many Singaporeans could not keep pace with. Globalisation exerting its pressures on us, as human mobility and the widening wealth/income gap from the boom over the last few years shadowing us like a leech. I think one of the main issues lies with the lack of tact and EQ from the men on the ivory towers. And this is exacerbated by the social media.

To me, the biggest worry is the lack of continuity of leadership, not control.

I miss the old guards of Goh Keng Swee, Ong Teng Cheong and Tony Tan. Admittedly, I don't think the current batch of leaders are comparable in political experience and apt.

But I am not gonna say I have faith in the opposition either. In fact, I have yet to see the opposition leaders coming up with alternative plans to DRIVE the economy other than waiting to SLAP the driver.

And that's a huge problem.
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

Compare the domestic policies of before versus now and add in some complacency .......
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

Wasn't CCS making a speech about SG must fight in every corner last night ?
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

Red_Bean_Bun;1054540 said:
Wasn't CCS making a speech about SG must fight in every corner last night ?

Sadly, some unruly South Asian drunks beat him to it & started the fight without him in Little India.
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

ah kua rod and pui kenn mai worry.
zheng hu say they got many 诸葛亮 to help solve 民生 problems……….but hor many are 事后诸葛孔明! ok, ccb mw, me steady one never ccb govt.
 
Re: What an eventful 2012 & 2013!

arsenal62 said:
ah kua rod and pui kenn mai worry.
zheng hu say they got many 诸葛亮 to help solve 民生 problems……….but hor many are 事后诸葛孔明! ok, ccb mw, me steady one never ccb govt.

I think both sides don't have 诸葛亮.

The best 诸葛亮 are forumers all over. Best politicians, tacticians, economists and even lawyers in the cyberspace, behind the screens.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,714
Messages
1,019,205
Members
70,866
Latest member
nohu78ist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top