US GOVERNMENT shutdown. ......how would it impact us?

Buy property to stay and make babies. Buy M4 to drive and make babies. Govts come and go, irrelevant.

Re: US GOVERNMENT shutdown. ......how would it impact us?

BMWM3;1039114 said:
Can we still invest in properties or buy 4 series. Any advice?
Not right time to buy properties when balancing between potential more upsides versus properties prices going down, my 2cents.

BMWM3;1039114 said:
Can we still invest in properties or buy 4 series. Any advice?

i cant tell u when 2 buy prop, but i can tell u even w no garmen default/shutdown, 3Q US GDP may be weak n that may impact our economy.

Personally think property in Singapore will definitely correct itself soon. By how much is anyone's guess.

What does a shutdown imply for the economy and financial markets:

15 bps drag on fourth quarter GDP for every week of shutdown. Estimations are around at least US$300 million a day in lost economic output at the start and the impact is likely to grow over time as skittish consumers and businesses stay on the sidelines.

Data releases will be delayed including non-farm payrolls (large implications for volatility trading)

Data collection will also be affected and therefore future data may be less reliable when it does get released.

What to look out for next:
October 17th - the Treasury continues to manage cash using 'extraordinary measures' to keep funding existing programs. Even with these in place the debt limit will be reached 'no later than October 17th' according to Secretary Lew.
November 1st - the specific date when the treasury runs out of cash is an area of uncertainty as revenue and expenditure can be volatile. The US may be able to stretch the extraordinary measures to instruct the Fed to make some payments (such as coupon and principal) which may push the actual date the Treasury runs out of cash to early November. At this point the debt ceiling is reached.

Market Impact - while there has not been a government shutdown in the past 17 years, there have been 8 in the past 30 years, with most lasting just 1-3 days. Short term government shut-down tends to have limited long term impact on credit markets assuming they last at most a week or so.

They should shut down longer and reduce their debt .......

ST SNP500 target for me 1662. 100DMA has been rebound support for SNP500 so watch that line.

actually I only care about whether my eBay purchases from the US will reach in time cos USPS also shutdown. cb

MW said:
actually I only care about whether my eBay purchases from the US will reach in time cos USPS also shutdown. cb

You ordered the dildo and the inflatable dolls?

kenntona;1039175 said:
You ordered the dildo and the inflatable dolls?

African-American sized condoms.

Only US have.

MW said:
African-American sized condoms. Only US have.

Yeah, your fists quite big.

The Republicans are fierce. Great yet scary to hv such opposition.
Our politics scene really childish in comparision. Fight over dirty ceiling and run lion.

This is what happens when you have too much democracy

This is what you have when you have a democrat president .....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Immigrationsolicit1121

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back