Tuning for E90?

Bummerbee

Active Member
Hi there, just bought a 5 yr old E90 and yesterday was told by the WS that i can tune or reprogramme my car so that i can have more power? Wondering how much more power can it have? And will it cause other damage to my car? Like side effects etc?

TIA!
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

e90 320 tuning - forget it. no point at all.

e90 323/325 tuning - don't expect much. since 5 years old. save the money and drive the remaining 5 years.
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

Yeah thats my thoughts too. A 320 is still a 320 right, how much more can i get.

Thanks!!!!!
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

Bummerbee;1046435 said:
Yeah thats my thoughts too. A 320 is still a 320 right, how much more can i get.

Thanks!!!!!


10hp?












* can feel?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

why not drive a few months first and see if there are many problems to fix
Then decide what you want to do with it beside the usual servicing
Buying a used car sure there will be things to fix and change
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

ozipo;1046447 said:
why not drive a few months first and see if there are many problems to fix
Then decide what you want to do with it beside the usual servicing
Buying a used car sure there will be things to fix and change

Ya the fixing started few weeks ago when the engine 'light' light up after about 5000 km, then yesterday the passenger door is stuck n the damage was $330 + gst.:shock:
 
Tuning for E90?

Bummerbee;1046463 said:
Ya the fixing started few weeks ago when the engine 'light' light up after about 5000 km, then yesterday the passenger door is stuck n the damage was $330 + gst.:shock:


That's crazy! Which dealer did you get your car from and which workshop did you go to? No warranty??


Should have sent the car to one of our site sponsor workshops for a full inspection.
 
Tuning for E90?

ac323;1046440 said:
10hp?

* can feel?
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers


Don't like that bro, my M perf exhaust and other parts still on the way...............



* I'll let you know if my butt feel tells me the car goes faster...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tuning for E90?

seanskye;1046465 said:
That's crazy! Which dealer did you get your car from and which workshop did you go to? No warranty??


Should have sent the car to one of our site sponsor workshops for a full inspection.

I went to WS 2277, recommended by the sales man. Hmm 330 too ex?
Site sponsors do inspections too? Haha I should hv joined this forum before buying my car.
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

Bummerbee;1046474 said:
I went to WS 2277, recommended by the sales man. Hmm 330 too ex?
Site sponsors do inspections too? Haha I should hv joined this forum before buying my car.


No, 2277 is ok. What I meant was which sales dealer did you go to? Usually they will give some sort of warranty even for secondhand cars because of lemon law. Ya some of our site sponsors are BMW specialist workshops and damn good with them.
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

Bummerbee;1046483 said:
Ya I actually forgot all about the warranty. I'll probably call n check again.


Hope your dealer is reliable. Good luck!
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

What happened to your door ?

Bummerbee;1046474 said:
I went to WS 2277, recommended by the sales man. Hmm 330 too ex?
Site sponsors do inspections too? Haha I should hv joined this forum before buying my car.
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

wt_know;1046466 said:
save your money for fixing instead of tuning

install SB can already.......











cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: Tuning for E90?

don't bother to go tuning.
I was in your shoes couple months back.
Did tune the car, wouldn't recommend it.

buy steering wheel better.

Bummerbee;1046430 said:
Hi there, just bought a 5 yr old E90 and yesterday was told by the WS that i can tune or reprogramme my car so that i can have more power? Wondering how much more power can it have? And will it cause other damage to my car? Like side effects etc?

TIA!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
82,711
Messages
1,019,201
Members
70,708
Latest member
h2muk
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top