Suspension or Tyre problem?

PlAy7r

I recently changed my rims to a 19" staggered 275 for back and 240 front if i am not wrong. When i have 3 passenger sitting behind the car, i can hear rubbing sound when the road is uneven. Any idea where the problem might be?

Another problem is i can smell the air outside of my vehicle even with the button for the ventilation turned on. Any idea if it is leakage or anything?

I am driving a pre-lci 08 e90

Thanks for the advice!

Re: Suspension or Tyre problem?

PlAy7r;1022037 said:
I recently changed my rims to a 19" staggered 275 for back and 240 front if i am not wrong. When i have 3 passenger sitting behind the car, i can hear rubbing sound when the road is uneven. Any idea where the problem might be?

Another problem is i can smell the air outside of my vehicle even with the button for the ventilation turned on. Any idea if it is leakage or anything?

I am driving a pre-lci 08 e90

Thanks for the advice!

try 265 rear.................my E90 275 also rub.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Red_Bean_Bun;1022043 said:
Maybe roll fenders more cost effective .....

or do wide body..............................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Wow you guys awake at this timing!

So the tyre is rubbing on the outside part? I forgot to mention i have spacers at the back too.

Sorry but i am not too good at cars, what is roll fenders? Bodykit? Any idea on the damage for those stuff? I very poor after changing my set of rims.=( anyone needs a DJ wants to hire me? =D

You can call Ah Lye to make appointment to roll your rear fenders.
ac323 will provide contact details shortly, he's our sartest admin.

Btw why put spacers? If it was there when u had your 16" or 17", I think can take out already. Then no need to roll fenders first.

Never put spacers my tyres don't look so nice. Before i change to 19" , it was already 19", but tyres profile was only 240 with spacers. Now 270 thats why when got more passenger behind the car it will rub.=(

spacers? how wide?
try the following-
1. chk top of tyre to top of fender clearance..tyres shld be positioned more on inside instead of flush with fender.
2. chk spacers width..perhaps remove n try again.
3. if still intend to keep spacers for flush look, roll fenders. that means go to a reputable n gd body wrkshop eg 'lye design' at amk - google or chk directory. a machine with rollers and hand-crank will be attached. when cranked, the fenders will be folded inwards. be careful to go to a wrkshop who knows their stuff else, paint may crack.
4. if dont intend to roll, then go j4c get their wrkshop guy knock fender out. my little e82 has 265x30x19s on rear n had fenders knocked out.

vent prob could be due to flap being stuck. wrkshop can help solve for you.

hoped ur issues solved soon.

PlAy7r;1022048 said:
Wow you guys awake at this timing!

So the tyre is rubbing on the outside part? I forgot to mention i have spacers at the back too.

Sorry but i am not too good at cars, what is roll fenders? Bodykit? Any idea on the damage for those stuff? I very poor after changing my set of rims.=( anyone needs a DJ wants to hire me? =D

Thanks Guys. So for the vent/smell problem i go to any workshop?

PlAy7r;1022053 said:
Thanks Guys. So for the vent/smell problem i go to any workshop?

Geng. OT on own thread. Your suspension must be smwelly.

PlAy7r;1022050 said:
Never put spacers my tyres don't look so nice. Before i change to 19" , it was already 19", but tyres profile was only 240 with spacers. Now 270 thats why when got more passenger behind the car it will rub.=(

remove spacer then...........................

* PM C3PO once you dekit your spacer......( he might needs it )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1022291 said:
remove spacer then...........................

* PM C3PO once you dekit your spacer......( he might needs it )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

7th month, cannot anyhow call people's name....

Vroom vroom......

I am looking to sell my UltraRacing Front and Rear Roll(Sway) bars. They were only installed on my car for a week before I took them off. Reason is because I found the ride too firm for my liking. I think someone who goes to the racetrack or drives more aggressively might appreciate them. I got them from the authorised Singapore distributor E-Rev Motorsports for $700 with receipt to proof. I am willing to let go of both bars at $350. Pls drop me a line at 96951941 if keen. Cheers!

carioca said:
I am looking to sell my UltraRacing Front and Rear Roll(Sway) bars. They were only installed on my car for a week before I took them off. Reason is because I found the ride too firm for my liking. I think someone who goes to the racetrack or drives more aggressively might appreciate them. I got them from the authorised Singapore distributor E-Rev Motorsports for $700 with receipt to proof. I am willing to let go of both bars at $350. Pls drop me a line at 96951941 if keen. Cheers!

I am sway enough, don't need sway bars. Do you have heng bars?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back