Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

pengful

Well-Known Member
Just collected my car after servicing and the boss told me that they decided to use a new engine oil to try to reduce the slightly higher oil consumption my engine is experiencing. Since the last servicing about 3 months ago, I have topped up 4 liters at different intervals. The thing is that there is no oil leak... engine compartment is bone-dry.

So far, I feel that the engine runs very smoothly but yet to see how it tackles the oil consumption problem.

Here's the link. Take a look.
Peregrine Quiick Engine Oil - B-Kool
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

pengful;1028392 said:
Just collected my car after servicing and the boss told me that they decided to use a new engine oil to try to reduce the slightly higher oil consumption my engine is experiencing. Since the last servicing about 3 months ago, I have topped up 4 liters at different intervals. The thing is that there is no oil leak... engine compartment is bone-dry.

So far, I feel that the engine runs very smoothly but yet to see how it tackles the oil consumption problem.

Here's the link. Take a look.
Peregrine Quiick Engine Oil - B-Kool

If i understand you correctly, you topped up 4 litres in 10,000km?

Have you changed your valve seals? My engine compartment is bone dry as well, valve seals changed. From exhaust tips, no signs of engine oil coming out from them too. Topped up 1litre just after 3000km from last servicing.

Keep us updated on this oil.
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

The oil has to go somewhere ..... Ever thought of installing an oil catch can ?
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

Ok, no need update in 3 months. I can tell you that since having changed to this "nano-similan" oil, my oil level has already dropped 1/4.

I can only say that it is not effective in tackling oil consumption in older engines.
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

pengful;1039960 said:
Ok, no need update in 3 months. I can tell you that since having changed to this "nano-similan" oil, my oil level has already dropped 1/4.

I can only say that it is not effective in tackling oil consumption in older engines.

Whats the distance travelled bro?
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

Bro, I think it's leaking somewhere ...... You check below engine for signs ?
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

Red_Bean_Bun;1040034 said:
Bro, I think it's leaking somewhere ...... You check below engine for signs ?

Nope no leaks... bone dry bro. Think seals need to change.
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

No signs in engine bay too? Really strange.
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

Got take out the board below and look under the oil filter housing also ?

pengful;1040039 said:
Nope no leaks... bone dry bro. Think seals need to change.
 
Re: Peregrine Quiick Motor Oil

It should be internal leak. The engine oil is burnt away with the petrol.
I had the same problem previously, need to top up 1L EO every 2000km.
I did a top overhaul in early July, traveled for 10k and just did a oil change recently. My engine oil remain full after traveling for 10k. No more oil top up after the top overhaul. My mileage is now 160k.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,711
Messages
1,019,201
Members
70,713
Latest member
peso63org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top