• Classifieds Rules

    For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).
    *

    *Required.

    4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

    We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

    For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

    For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

    Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Offset question

Jason8822

Well-Known Member
Was searching for avantgarde rims for F10 when i came upon few sizes as below ;
a) 20 x 9 ET 35
b) 20 x 9 ET 20
c) 20 x 10.5 ET 38

Checked using offset calculator and found that the outside wall of rim spec b to be almost same position on the car as spec c.

What i want to know is if spec b is for kiam kanna like me who want to look nice but dun wanna incur higher fc so running on square setup with rim of same diameter but offset pushed all the way to make the rim flush with the fender?

Or otherwise, what is the rim spec meant for ?
 
Re: Offset question

here are the reasons why (a) + (c) is the default setup

1. chio ... the rear need 10" or 10.5" inch wide so that the 5-spoke looks sibei concave for rear. i guess why you select this wheel is also because it's chio, right. and to achieve it's chioness ... the rear wheel need deep concave to match the fender. you try to put the front wheel to the rear ... you will shake your head.

2. wider rear tyres. as we know, RWD prefer wider rear tyres for spin and stability ... wider tyres means wider rim. try put a 245mm tyres at the rear and have a look, you will know.

3. staggered ... BMW is natural born staggered ... for its big ASS look. the angmoh run all-round ... because of snow. we got no snow in spore la.

anyway, end of the day, rule no. 1 supersede everything because chioness is everything. else all f10 should run 17" oem ... best FC ever.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

Oooo...my favourite topic....offset......
 
Re: Offset question

That means the 9in wide ET20 rim also ok to run albeit without the sart sart big ass chio look la
 
Re: Offset question

But only offset hor, no ciggy lighter in F10
 
Re: Offset question

i assume wheel width & offset affect the wheel design
with +20 offset, i don't think the 5-spoke concave would come out nice ... could be very ugly
furthermore, a wheel is designed and tested (R&D) based on its "wheel specs" for its strength and performance
changing the offset drastically might have negative impact, just saying

ie: 20x9 +35 (oem spec) to 20x9 +20 (custom) = minus 15mm

tech-offset-image2.jpg



wheel_rim_offset_diagram.gif


Jason8822;1023715 said:
That means the 9in wide ET20 rim also ok to run albeit without the sart sart big ass chio look la
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

why not 20x9 for front and 20x9 for rear + spacers ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

You can run the same offset all round with spacers at the rear, putting traction, grip factors aside. Handling should feel different too - note that default widths are staggered, taking RWD into account.
 
Re: Offset question

kenntona;1023731 said:
You can run the same offset all round with spacers at the rear, putting traction, grip factors aside. Handling should feel different too - note that default widths are staggered, taking RWD into account.

Because you say its not good to use spacer thus i was thinking of getting 9in ET20 instead of 10.5in ET38 commonly used as i want to save on tires (255 instead of 285).

With the setup, the car handling characteristic will shift from understeer to mild oversteer at the extreme
But many F10 comes with square setup from factory - 535 Touring, 520, 528
 
Re: Offset question

wt_know;1023718 said:
i assume wheel width & offset affect the wheel design
with +20 offset, i don't think the 5-spoke concave would come out nice ... could be very ugly
furthermore, a wheel is designed and tested (R&D) based on its "wheel specs" for its strength and performance
changing the offset drastically might have negative impact, just saying

ie: 20x9 +35 (oem spec) to 20x9 +20 (custom) = minus 15mm

tech-offset-image2.jpg



wheel_rim_offset_diagram.gif

End of the day, i think its still safer to go with the common spec/size
 
Re: Offset question

Jason8822 said:
Because you say its not good to use spacer thus i was thinking of getting 9in ET20 instead of 10.5in ET38 commonly used as i want to save on tires (255 instead of 285).

You can run staggered offsets same width too. But is this a customed set?
 
Re: Offset question

kenntona;1023752 said:
You can run staggered offsets same width too. But is this a customed set?


That means example like 9in wide all round but with ET35 in front and ET20 at the rear ?
Not customised, saw the specs on modbargains.
 
Re: Offset question

If the offsets are flushed with the fenders, then it is as good as customed to fit your F10. Very concave at the rear. Good for tyre rotation but realign the wheels to compensate.

If your ride is the turbo models, watch the rear.
 
Re: Offset question

if i'm not mistaken, 20x9 +20 (front) & 20x10.5 +25 (rear) is for 3-series M car

+35/+38 is for 3-series non M and F10

Jason8822;1023755 said:
That means example like 9in wide all round but with ET35 in front and ET20 at the rear ?
Not customised, saw the specs on modbargains.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

kenntona;1023756 said:
If the offsets are flushed with the fenders, then it is as good as customed to fit your F10. Very concave at the rear. Good for tyre rotation but realign the wheels to compensate.

If your ride is the turbo models, watch the rear.


Noted.
You have fully answered my question - technically can use the setup i mentioned.
Thanks.
 
Re: Offset question

wt_know;1023758 said:
i think 20x9 +20 (front) & 20x10.5 +25 (rear) is meant for 3-series M car ... the offset is right for 3-series M car

Original 343M is only 10in wide at the rear but avantgarde kind of siao ah, do 10.5in for rear
How many of the buyers of their rims have more power than M5 ...

edit : oh ... ya, E9x M cars
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

Jason8822 said:
Original 343M is only 10in wide at the rear but avantgarde kind of siao ah, do 10.5in for rear
How many of the buyers of their rims have more power than M5 ...

Stock specs are often more conservative in offsets and width given the smaller diameters.
 
Re: Offset question

AVG did the right thing. i'm running 10" +35 rear ... very flush but not sibei flush
10.5" +38 will push out to the fender another 3mm ... sibeisartkeelangflush

AVG make the product that meet the market demand ... the buyers in the USA all want sibeisartkeelangflush wheel ... they don't care about FC ... chio is rule no. 1 ... modder all juiced up their 535i/550i and M5 ... power is ok

just like why aftermarket wheel all are wider and aggressive offset ... all want to be sibeisartkeelangflush ... if not how to sell?

Jason8822;1023761 said:
Original 343M is only 10in wide at the rear but avantgarde kind of siao ah, do 10.5in for rear
How many of the buyers of their rims have more power than M5 ...

edit : oh ... ya, E9x M cars
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Offset question

Yours a 535. Please choose wisely.
Mai Knn lar.... U called liao izzit? Stock in already?
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
82,711
Messages
1,019,201
Members
70,707
Latest member
thonggiohrt
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top