• Classifieds Rules

    For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).
    *

    *Required.

    4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

    We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

    For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

    For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

    Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Singsider

Well-Known Member
Hi Bros,

Installed Remus muffler on my ride (F20 118i) last week (receipt to prove) - sounds and looks awesome! But gf and family can't get used to the bassy sound, prefer stock. So thinking of switching back.

Bought at 1500, letting go at 1250. Ran 200km so far, enough to remove the 'new smoke' smell from new exhaust (comes from protective oil layer inside the muffler).

PM me if interested. :)

View attachment 53818View attachment 53819View attachment 53820
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

ooooooooh.................. hey friend I know where u coming from.
hold your gun, the droning will go away!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

wt_know;1025320 said:
lta approved remus very loud meh?

Not loud, just bassy. Makes you feel like you're always on sport mode!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Super sprint or Remus? Haha..
I think super sprint sounds good too....Oooooo
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

you think, i thought.who confirm ah?
kevinbmw;1025346 said:
Super sprint or Remus? Haha..
I think super sprint sounds good too....Oooooo
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Deepster;1025405 said:
you think, i thought.who confirm ah?

who else but agent wilson...or maybe gabby....
in a while..i bet this thread will kanna OT, then you see Soifon will write, "TUUU KING"
then admin will "Like" or "Thank"
then I will reply, "AI TIO AH?"
then admin will "Like" again...
then you will reply, "Lai la..where"
then admin will "Like" again...

so on and so forth.....
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Remus is nice wat... the drone will go away after a month or so...then not much sound inside liao. I also "regretted" and "lived in fear" during the week after I installed the quads but after awhile got used to it and then after a month...not much sound.. then after 3 months onwards...quieter
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

yup! TS that was what happened to me too...luckily MW warn me before hand about the RAW sound and droning!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

give yourself 1 more month lar... sell now is a bit too soon!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Thanks for the advice guys :) what about supersprint? Drone level?
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

same same lah when new although some will swear that SS is lesser than Remus.

However, I had a LIVE comparison between SS and Remus side by side and my friend told me no diff. Both cars installed about same time and comparison was at 6 month mark. I felt that SS was alittle quieter inside the cabin....but buay song cos car doesn't feel "sporty" if that's wat u want. If not, then might as well stick to stock and operate the muffler..

And I chose Remus over SS cos Remus the tips...awesome!

I am shallow..hurhur
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

MW;1025426 said:
same same lah when new although some will swear that SS is lesser than Remus.

However, I had a LIVE comparison between SS and Remus side by side and my friend told me no diff. Both cars installed about same time and comparison was at 6 month mark. I felt that SS was alittle quieter inside the cabin....but buay song cos car doesn't feel "sporty" if that's wat u want. If not, then might as well stick to stock and operate the muffler..

And I chose Remus over SS cos Remus the tips...awesome!

I am shallow..hurhur

Thanks mate :) my worry is that for f20, ss must install their own mid pipe, which is larger than stock. Remus is muffler only. With a larger midpipe but quieter muffler, would it come up to the same effect? Btw, loving the carbon fiber too!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

1 week only ... it's a culture shock la
when i install my supersprint quad ... 1 week ... wah sibei vroom vroom ... steam ah
after 1 month ... ehh macam like stock nia ... not loud
after 1 month ... you will come in to post ... the sound is sibei stock ... no different compare to original exhaust unless WOT
after 1 month of so then decide la ...
by then you either get used to the low bassy and the muffler run in already and drone should be minimal

Singsider;1025431 said:
Thanks mate :) my worry is that for f20, ss must install their own mid pipe, which is larger than stock. Remus is muffler only. With a larger midpipe but quieter muffler, would it come up to the same effect? Btw, loving the carbon fiber too!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

wt_know;1025432 said:
1 week only ... it's a culture shock la
when i install my supersprint quad ... 1 week ... wah sibei vroom vroom ... steam ah
after 1 month ... ehh macam like stock nia ... not loud
after 1 month ... you will come in to post ... the sound is sibei stock ... no different compare to original exhaust unless WOT
after 1 month of so then decide la ...
by then you either get used to the low bassy and the muffler run in already and drone should be minimal

Thanks for the tip bro! Good to know its not permanent! I love the sound right now though. Esp after 3k rpm. Makes the car feel so much more power!
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)


Damn poisonous thread even if the exhaust can't fit into my ride..

Lucky Remus don't comes with any LTA approved exhaust for E90 323.....
 
Re: MWTS - Remus muffler system for F20 (1 week new)

Singsider;1025341 said:
Not loud, just bassy. Makes you feel like you're always on sport mode!
Like a few members have stated, it is the Droning (definitely not e bassy thingy) where ur GF and family cannot tahan.

Singsider;1025424 said:
Thanks for the advice guys :) what about supersprint? Drone level?
SS Drone level is lower.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
82,711
Messages
1,019,201
Members
70,723
Latest member
Birchwoodu
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top