is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

Darth Vader

Well-Known Member
with an aging population and fewer cpf contributors in the next 10 or 20 years.
cpf will experience a negative cash flow, any possibility I cant get my money back ?
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

No, of course not. It's probably the world most regulated, most sophisticated and most protected Ponzi scheme ever.
As for the possibilities of not being able to get your monies back is virtually zero because they can at will
extend the age for withdrawal, the proportional of withdrawals and etc etc no limitations in short.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

It is important that your finances outlive you.
That is responsible financial planning.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

naan1974;1025868 said:
No, of course not. It's probably the world most regulated, most sophisticated and most protected Ponzi scheme ever.
As for the possibilities of not being able to get your monies back is virtually zero because they can at will
extend the age for withdrawal, the proportional of withdrawals and etc etc no limitations in short.

And in all likelihood, the LARGEST in the history of mankind!
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

medishield going to be revamped to medishield life ... until you 6feet down under

wait for it ... cpf become cpf life ... cannot take out

can only take out at 65 bit-by-bit every month few hundreds
if take all you must emigrate ... which country would take you at 65? unless you down $5M at that country as investment?

Darth Vader;1025863 said:
with an aging population and fewer cpf contributors in the next 10 or 20 years.
cpf will experience a negative cash flow, any possibility I cant get my money back ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

Anybody around 37yrs old remember this ANIMAL FARM story in Literature class during secondary school ?
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

Animal Farm is one of the most famous novels. Had it in my literature class too.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

If one intends to depend on his CPF savings for retirement, then good luck. It is not inflation-proof. So the best bet is to save cash or get investment on your own, and use your CPF to buy a HDB flat. At least that appreciates more than the simi 2.5% return......
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

actually the main reason why spore property is so hiong is also everyone thinks that cpf can see cannot touch ... so all whack property

suburban condo $1500psf = affordable = expert says one

C3P0;1025908 said:
If one intends to depend on his CPF savings for retirement, then good luck. It is not inflation-proof. So the best bet is to save cash or get investment on your own, and use your CPF to buy a HDB flat. At least that appreciates more than the simi 2.5% return......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

C3P0;1025908 said:
If one intends to depend on his CPF savings for retirement, then good luck. It is not inflation-proof. So the best bet is to save cash or get investment on your own, and use your CPF to buy a HDB flat. At least that appreciates more than the simi 2.5% return......

yes, CPF $ can spend faster spend, buy the largest possible hdb.
Im quite sure I'll never see any of my CPF $ ever.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

that's why EC dual-key & penthouse all sold in 60seconds
but now close the loop hole liao ... multi-generation must live in ... last time no need

Vansoh;1025921 said:
yes, CPF $ can spend faster spend, buy the largest possible hdb.
Im quite sure I'll never see any of my CPF $ ever.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

wt_know;1025923 said:
that's why EC dual-key & penthouse all sold in 60seconds
but now close the loop hole liao ... multi-generation must live in ... last time no need

now must wait for other loop hole to appear and wack within 30sec!
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

Vansoh;1025925 said:
now must wait for other loop hole to appear and wack within 30sec!


If CPF can withdraw to buy for car, I think all go queue up to buy porky and felali.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

cpf for retirement is a joke.
if you depend on cpf for retirement.....
God Bless You Good Luck.....
was thinking of using my cpf to tour the world or something when I turn 55.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

sending my kids to new Zealand to study and settle down there.
they are my passport to greener pastures.
no one can eat my money!!!!absolutely no one!!!!!


wt_know;1025883 said:
medishield going to be revamped to medishield life ... until you 6feet down under

wait for it ... cpf become cpf life ... cannot take out

can only take out at 65 bit-by-bit every month few hundreds
if take all you must emigrate ... which country would take you at 65? unless you down $5M at that country as investment?
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

wt_know;1025883 said:
medishield going to be revamped to medishield life ... until you 6feet down under

wait for it ... cpf become cpf life ... cannot take out

can only take out at 65 bit-by-bit every month few hundreds
if take all you must emigrate ... which country would take you at 65? unless you down $5M at that country as investment?
Well even migrate, cannot take 100%, only 80%, balance is forfeited.
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

wt_know;1025923 said:
that's why EC dual-key & penthouse all sold in 60seconds
but now close the loop hole liao ... multi-generation must live in ... last time no need
Got loop hole must share share hor. I expect to withdraw $0 when i hit 65. CPF will tell me "Unker, we will give u back $500 until u tong tong chiang"
 
Re: is CPF a mini ponzi scheme ?

Baby1M;1026018 said:
Well even migrate, cannot take 100%, only 80%, balance is forfeited.

is it??!! dammed! throw IC liao still need to lose 20%.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,718
Messages
1,019,211
Members
70,970
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top