Head Jerking headaches in heavy traffic / parking ..........

Red_Bean_Bun

And so I decided to look into this and I have decided to code the ride to disable the NIC as well as the soft stop.

What happened is that when the car starts braking to a stop at a traffic light - the soft stop feature kicks in and
tries to reduce the brake pressure to get this smooth stop automatically. But all it did for me was to cause jerking as I modulate the braking. Yup - me and the ride seconding guessing each other. On top of that, being that it decides for me when it releases brake pressure - I think there is a risk there. So I turned it off.

That is not all - when it finally comes to a stop, the torque converter disconnects from the drive train so that while idling in D - it saves you petrol by reducing the load on the engine. When its time to move off - the torque converter connect back and causes a bunch of jerking. Seriously - how much fuel saving can you get from this ...... This is especially painful during parallel parking (TC connect / disconnect incessantly) and it caused me to crashed my front bumper into a concrete block when it decided to lunge forward while I was trying to inch forward. So I turned off that damned feature as well.

One more thing - Initially, I had my hopes up with the new version of transmission software released and flashed this into my transmission hoping that it would help. That helped in other areas but still jerked in those situations. And according to the SIBs, it is suppose to turn off SS & NIC by default. But when I checked after flashing - it did not. So you would need a combination of flashing and coding to ensure that it gets done right ........

Now, its a lot smoother ..........

Re: Head Jerking headaches in heavy traffic / parking ..........

All these new so-called fuel savings intro by car manufacturers are a pain. I had to code out Auto Start/Stop (ASS - what an appropriate acronym!). Real pain with ASS kicking in each time stop at traffic lights, auto switching off engine and then switch on engine again will definitely cause starter motor to wear off quicker especialy with so many traffic lights in Singapore. Need to remember to turn off this feature each time get into the car so coded out the stupid ASS instead.

JuzMe;1042510 said:
All these new so-called fuel savings intro by car manufacturers are a pain. I had to code out Auto Start/Stop (ASS - what an appropriate acronym!). Real pain with ASS kicking in each time stop at traffic lights, auto switching off engine and then switch on engine again will definitely cause starter motor to wear off quicker especialy with so many traffic lights in Singapore. Need to remember to turn off this feature each time get into the car so coded out the stupid ASS instead.
I juz press off everytime i start my car. Bt they should hv set it opp way. When nid then press on. Even the aircon also.

Ah yang;1042638 said:
I juz press off everytime i start my car. Bt they should hv set it opp way. When nid then press on. Even the aircon also.
You should go see R2D to get it coded. Cheap and fast to remove that stupid "feature".

JuzMe;1042641 said:
You should go see R2D to get it coded. Cheap and fast to remove that stupid "feature".

Yah. Bt nw quite use 2 it already. Hahaha. Only tat aircon circulation 1 damn jia lat. Sometime didnt press n when i stick 2 those backside of motorcycle n yes. All the smell cums in.

this start stop thing is really shitty ya? im dreading my new car which i think has this stupid function too.

Ah yang;1042642 said:
Only tat aircon circulation 1 damn jia lat. Sometime didnt press n when i stick 2 those backside of motorcycle n yes. All the smell cums in.
Think that feature also can be coded. You can check with vendor.

RBB, your car is equipped with DCT ?

Many many thanks to RBBro for all the hard work helping me code the aircond recirculation function. Most importantly, bye bye to daily pressing of the bothersome recirculate switch and getting inundated by smelly smoke whenever I forget to do the deed.

+1000000 for you!!!

Bro, so now you're expert with coding? Wah then maybe need to approach you for help in coding ;)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back