Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

kkkice

Active Member
Hi... Just like to ask if anyone here has installed a BMW performance power kit? Don't see anyone talk about it...

Is it worthwhile to do it? Any third party workshop able to installed with the software upgrade?

Thanks
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

kkkice;1025506 said:
Hi... Just like to ask if anyone here has installed a BMW performance power kit? Don't see anyone talk about it...

Is it worthwhile to do it? Any third party workshop able to installed with the software upgrade?

Thanks
Well, i think it only applies to DIESEL only.
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

check bmwclubmalaysia.com ... diesel ftw!!!
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

kkkice;1025506 said:
Hi... Just like to ask if anyone here has installed a BMW performance power kit? Don't see anyone talk about it...

Is it worthwhile to do it? Any third party workshop able to installed with the software upgrade?

Thanks
The BMW Performance Power Kit is...

Worthwhile
- It is from BMW
- It is not aftermarket
- It can be homologated
- Do not void any BMW warranty
- There's no plug-n-play or wiring stuff, just a sealed package with e software upgrade inside, to be uploaded to your current ECU.

Not Worthwhile
- The gains are lower compared to the other aftermarket German made ECU.
- Unable to return to stock if u sell your ride as it was a software replacement from stock.

Cheers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

Comes with some hardware if you opt for certain options like fan and oil cooler.
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

thanks beamer fans. I checked with PML an it's around 5k. does not seem worthwhile though for the slight improvement...

however, thanks again
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

kkkice;1026483 said:
thanks beamer fans. I checked with PML an it's around 5k. does not seem worthwhile though for the slight improvement...

however, thanks again
Bro, BMW Performance Power Kit has 2 stages i.e. stage-1 and stage-2. The quote of 5k is stage-2 which comprises of the following;
1) ECU Software upgrade.
2) Oil Cooler Kit + higher powered Fan.

Ask them specifically for only stage-1 which is the ECU software upgrade and it is about $2k+

FYI: You can buy #1 w/o #2 but you cannot buy #2 w/o #1.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

Try this la. But for turbo cars only.
Or Juicebox.


Speed Haus;1024819 said:
Speed Haus proudly unveils the cream of the crop in box tuning! RACECHIP TB Ultimate - the piggyback box tuning that boost the power performance of your turbo cars by up to 31%! Increase boost by 29% and 26% of torque! The tune even saves you fuel by up to 1L/100km!

The RC TB Ultimate has 15 configured maps to cater for all the hardware stages that your car has. Installation takes not more than 20mins and stock map can be restored in less than 1min.

And here comes an even better news.... RC TB Ultimate is available for all the turbo cars in E & F SERIES!!!

Speed Haus will also offer this product now together with our stage one upgrade of a superbly durable aftermarket chargepipe (stock chargepipe renowned for cracking under increased boost)! With the chargepipe, you will see the potent performance with our RC Tuneboxes.

We have dynoed a N55 335i with aftermarket downpipes. In comparison with another piggyback box installed, the RC Ultimate box stands out by a big gain in power and torque figures, easily by another 30hp and 40Nm (compared with another piggyback)! As compared to stock tune, the fiqures are 45hp and 60Nm (taking into account the downpipe have already added the performance to the car).


PM or contact us now and don't miss out on this great product and stage one package that we are offering!!
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

rvt;1026486 said:
Try this la. But for turbo cars only.
Or Juicebox.
Can it be can be homologated? LMFAO!

If TS is looking for homologation, than all aftermarkets are not even an option. If no need homologation required, yes, one of many options.
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

I'm probably getting one fitted in the coming month, here you can only get the stage-2 version with the bigger fan+intercooler(for the air intake, not an oil cooler).

I've been researching the ppk, and a common opinion from the owners seems to be, you get quite a bit more of performance increase than the official numbers would suggest. It seems that bmw figures are very conservative, the ppk which applies to the 184hp version of the F20 gets it around 200hp, but it has been dynoed to 210+hp. Some other guy with also with a 120d and the sportronic, says that combined with the gearbox sw upgrade, it gained a second from 0 to 100kph, and about 3 from 0-140.

BMW 120d f20 M performance power kit - YouTube

It's a bit pricey, but with the stage2 you get hw parts along with the re-programmed DME, and you don't loose your warrnty. Plus, you can switch your original DME back and/or have it programmed with a bit more aggressive mapping, and best of all, you get some cool stickers!!! (kidding).
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

Is out yet?? I rang PML 2 weeks ago and there's no news for the F20
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

Provinomico;1029379 said:
I'm probably getting one fitted in the coming month, here you can only get the stage-2 version with the bigger fan+intercooler(for the air intake, not an oil cooler).

I've been researching the ppk, and a common opinion from the owners seems to be, you get quite a bit more of performance increase than the official numbers would suggest. It seems that bmw figures are very conservative, the ppk which applies to the 184hp version of the F20 gets it around 200hp, but it has been dynoed to 210+hp. Some other guy with also with a 120d and the sportronic, says that combined with the gearbox sw upgrade, it gained a second from 0 to 100kph, and about 3 from 0-140.

BMW 120d f20 M performance power kit - YouTube

It's a bit pricey, but with the stage2 you get hw parts along with the re-programmed DME, and you don't loose your warrnty. Plus, you can switch your original DME back and/or have it programmed with a bit more aggressive mapping, and best of all, you get some cool stickers!!! (kidding).
Nice contribution.

Issue is, here in Singapore, mods, homologation and warranty thingy is a very tricky issue i.e. there's little room.
 
Re: Has anyone installed the "BMW performance power kit"

NO, I am running my car as i bought it . No major amendments have been made.
 
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top