F30: Drivetrain malfunction

NeulonB

hi everyone,

My F30 is reaching the 60k mark. As I was driving at about 30km/h, the idrive flashes this Drivetrain malfunction sign.
My car didn't died, engine running but basically couldn't not move, as if it was on neutral gear.
I switch off the engine and restart the car (in the middle of the road) and everything went back to normal. Did a vehicle status check on my idrive and there is no errors.
Anyone has this issue before? What could have happened?

Quite a scary experience to stall in the middle of a busy road.

I experienced the same last week but it happened in the multi storey carpark. Switch off engine and restart and everything back to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mayotedy,

Did you send in for anymore checks? I was pm-ed by a bro here to send it in. Restarting the engine is merely resetting. Problem could be there, but system just erase it momentarily.

Hi Mayotedy,

Did you send in for anymore checks? I was pm-ed by a bro here to send it in. Restarting the engine is merely resetting. Problem could be there, but system just erase it momentarily.

Bringing in on wed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually there would be a shadow code ...

Don't clear it off.

Hi NeulonB

I have encountered exactly the same problem with my F30. Have you managed to get to the bottom of the problem. I'm really desperate to know potential causes in order to resolve.

Hi Leonardob,

It's a ignition coil fault. Have it replace. Actually since I posted it, it happened again. Twice. Replace another ignition coil. So, I'm running on 2 brand new ones and 2 old ones. Mechanic say not a life and death matter. Vehicle can still run, but very bad on acceleration and not operating at maximum capacity.
hope it helps.

Hi Leonardob,

It's a ignition coil fault. Have it replace. Actually since I posted it, it happened again. Twice. Replace another ignition coil. So, I'm running on 2 brand new ones and 2 old ones. Mechanic say not a life and death matter. Vehicle can still run, but very bad on acceleration and not operating at maximum capacity.
hope it helps.
Hi, where u send your car for checks and replacement of parts ?

Hi, where u send your car for checks and replacement of parts ?
I send it back to Performance Motors. Can't remember how much.... should be in the $200 region. not that ex. otherwise, can just send to any of the workshops listed in our forum here.

The level of vibrations is like as if you lift off your pedal from the clutch pedal without depressing the accelerator in a manual car... before the car goes dead.

1 full day at PML.

Thanks. Just took mine in for same reason. PML need one day to run diagnostics so only hear back on Wednesday:(

Last time my ignition coil up lorry

The whole car is just like a jumping frog

Damn scary

I send it back to Performance Motors. Can't remember how much.... should be in the $200 region. not that ex. otherwise, can just send to any of the workshops listed in our forum here.

$200 for a set of four or just 1 coil pack?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179news
Back