F10 - Engine coolant low level

fgchong

This fault message flashes on my car idrive display this afternoon while driving out for lunch. Check the coolant compartment, the level is good. The engine oil temperature was normal. Decided to continue to drive and monitor the oil temperature, everything is normal except the fault message. Any members encounter such problem with their F10 or any other BMWs?

I had the same issue before and it was due to the faulty sensor that comes together with the coolant tank. The cost of the tank is about $150 if I didn't remember wrongly. I am driving a F10 too.

Flyer31, thank you for the info. Will be sending my car for various repair works in another 2 weeks time, will add this to the list. Meanwhile will continue to monitor the coolant level and oil temp.

Same. Faulty sensor... .... interesting the indicator always comes out when the engine temperature hits 100 degree, i reckoned its sensor. WS shared that need to replace whole coolant tank $200 plus.... then WS said that radiator leak.. but i only change the coolant tank. collecting tmr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179news
Back