ERP-II at our doorstep.

Baby1M

Liao liao, calling for tender going to commence.

Own a car or not, everyone is affected, inflation going ups again.

News URL:
BMW.SG

Article:
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is expected to call a tender for the installation of the next generation of electronic road pricing (ERP) system as early as the first half of next year.

The Straits Times understands the satellite-based system - which can charge motorists for the distance they travel in the priced zones - could be up and running before 2020 if all goes well.

The first phase, however, is likely to merely replicate what the current 15-year-old system does: charging drivers each time they drive past an ERP gantry.

Although there is potential for it to go island-wide, the so-called ERP II system will initially cover the areas marked by today's network of some 70 gantries.

Re: ERP-II at our doorstep.

singapore no fuel? NO WORRIES WE WILL INVENT ONE " 2nd GENERATION ERP"

No wonder LTA keep making people peel off the darken tints ...... I think the darkened tints will block the signal.........

i bro ... volunteer to be the admin
anyone want to wipe out their summon or speeding ticket, just PM me ... lol

S2E01C01.png

Last edited by a moderator:

No need expensive ERP gantries. Just charge 20 bucks for 1L of petrol and implement full tank rule at the causeway customs. Car owners will then think twice about driving.

Rocky99;1052891 said:
No need expensive ERP gantries. Just charge 20 bucks for 1L of petrol and implement full tank rule at the causeway customs. Car owners will then think twice about driving.
It probably generate less money and hurt their own pockets too. Just like many of us here, another failed to be the garment :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually think this is a fairer way of taxing road consumption - the more you use, the more you pay.

In fact, if they add in a time component, even better. Road hoggers pay more !!!

Drive on lane 1 pay more and lane 3 pays less.

Now see if taxi still want to travel on lane 1.

:D

Red_Bean_Bun;1052979 said:
Are taxis and buses exempted ?
Taxi is negative and likely the rider pays for it. Buses... I have no clue.

Hehe ... if taxis exempted then it would be the cars on lane 3 and taxis on lane 1.......

SpoiltBrat;1052982 said:
Drive on lane 1 pay more and lane 3 pays less.

Now see if taxi still want to travel on lane 1.

:D

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back