car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60

Active Member
Just to sharing my bad lucky day last night, when coming back from jb to sg the car suddenly prompt gearbox problem then coolant lever low at woodland checkpoint. Drive moderately and gear lever shift to P stop engine then restart, OMG things happened the car cannot engage gear liaison. Finally have to call pml 24hrs tow truck to tow to Alexandra, now the car still at pml waiting tomorrow then know what is the problem.
Anyone of you experience this before? Engine over heated may caused gear cannot engage?
Hope any experienced shifu can share their point.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Not me.
Engine overheat and the 'computer' prevent engagement of gears, could be a safety measure to prevent more internal damage with a moving overheat engine. Just IMO.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60;1054416 said:
Just to sharing my bad lucky day last night, when coming back from jb to sg the car suddenly prompt gearbox problem then coolant lever low at woodland checkpoint. Drive moderately and gear lever shift to P stop engine then restart, OMG things happened the car cannot engage gear liaison. Finally have to call pml 24hrs tow truck to tow to Alexandra, now the car still at pml waiting tomorrow then know what is the problem.
Anyone of you experience this before? Engine over heated may caused gear cannot engage?
Hope any experienced shifu can share their point.

can recall the onboard sign that show this issue? clutch burned?






cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Your ride just went into limp mode......it's to protect the ride.

Hope it's a simple thing like a belt snapped etc .....
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Thanks all bro and sis sharing of your point, anyway will update the outcome by tomorrow after visit pml
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Hi ac323, can't really recall what the exact message on the bc, seems that drive moderately maybe some of the gear not function properly. And also before heading to JB I have check the coolant as well, everything is fine but don't know why when coming back from JB badly leak at bottom. Same point that I repair on 3-Dec at teban one of the workshop. Maybe Monday complain to the boss at teban.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60;1054456 said:
Hi ac323, can't really recall what the exact message on the bc, seems that drive moderately maybe some of the gear not function properly. And also before heading to JB I have check the coolant as well, everything is fine but don't know why when coming back from JB badly leak at bottom. Same point that I repair on 3-Dec at teban one of the workshop. Maybe Monday complain to the boss at teban.


hope for the best......













cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Just an update, yesterday performed dynos at pml total cost 200. PML suggest to replace entire gb and plus valve body & solenoid valve around 23k, I think this is common from pml maybe some of you dealing with them before.
Today go and buy solenoid valve, atf, oil pan, thermostat, engine oil oil filter, spark plug, dunno what gasket on top of engine. All together cost around 1.xk inclusive of gst then go to workshop fix it around 8xx including software update. Maybe tomorrow can get back my beloved car.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60;1054921 said:
Just an update, yesterday performed dynos at pml total cost 200. PML suggest to replace entire gb and plus valve body & solenoid valve around 23k, I think this is common from pml maybe some of you dealing with them before.
Today go and buy solenoid valve, atf, oil pan, thermostat, engine oil oil filter, spark plug, dunno what gasket on top of engine. All together cost around 1.xk inclusive of gst then go to workshop fix it around 8xx including software update. Maybe tomorrow can get back my beloved car.


Hi bme,

whats your mileage?











cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Hi ac323,
mileage was 183k on 10/2011 based on pml record but when bought from dealer on 9/2012 it was only 101k.
Imagine dealer tune down at least 100k, lesson learnt never ever trust second hand car dealer.
My ride was 3/2006 523i.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Wow, didnt noe digital odometer also can be tuned dwn..
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60 said:
Just an update, yesterday performed dynos at pml total cost 200. PML suggest to replace entire gb and plus valve body & solenoid valve around 23k, I think this is common from pml maybe some of you dealing with them before.
Today go and buy solenoid valve, atf, oil pan, thermostat, engine oil oil filter, spark plug, dunno what gasket on top of engine. All together cost around 1.xk inclusive of gst then go to workshop fix it around 8xx including software update. Maybe tomorrow can get back my beloved car.

You don't trust PML after sending the car there first hand? And all those parts you bought are based on PML's diagnosis?

BTW, please share the name of dealer who sold you the car.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60;1054993 said:
Hi ac323,
mileage was 183k on 10/2011 based on pml record but when bought from dealer on 9/2012 it was only 101k.
Imagine dealer tune down at least 100k, lesson learnt never ever trust second hand car dealer.
My ride was 3/2006 523i.

Did you intend to go back dealer and bang table cos they adjusted mileage ?
 
car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Which dealer is this?

I'm not sure if lemon law applies, esp if you bought the car recently. Since there was tampering of the odometer, you should review your legal options and consider either to report to CASE and/or make a police report.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

BTW when I bought this car lemon law not implemented yet, so since then til now more than 15mths liao. Can I still report to CASE?
Dealer at turf club city B48, please Google what is the shop name.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Whoever intend to buy an expensive car like merc, BMW, Audi and so on, please send the car to check the actual mileage first then buy.
Question is dunno dealer will let you do this?
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

bme60;1055057 said:
BTW when I bought this car lemon law not implemented yet, so since then til now more than 15mths liao. Can I still report to CASE?
Dealer at turf club city B48, please Google what is the shop name.

But their website says honesty, transparency, blah blah blah. I guess they hired a good PR writer.
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Can be detected though if you pull some data out from some of the modules to compare .........

pReTeNd3r;1054995 said:
Wow, didnt noe digital odometer also can be tuned dwn..
 
Re: car stalled at woodland checkpoint

Mine allowed me to check.

For those that say no - then say no to the sale.

bme60;1055059 said:
Whoever intend to buy an expensive car like merc, BMW, Audi and so on, please send the car to check the actual mileage first then buy.
Question is dunno dealer will let you do this?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,711
Messages
1,019,200
Members
70,682
Latest member
78vnnet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top