any tire shop in SG offer tire shaving service?

Re: any tire shop in SG offer tire shaving service?

Wasn't that shorten tyre lifespan and make it became worse wet performance?

Typically used for tracks. But not recommended to shave street tyres just for tracks, might as well buy the right tyres up front.

i guess i have to explain the situation fully....

i bought a set of hankook R-S3 tires 2 mths ago. used twice on the track.

Now the problem with using brand new tires on the track is the tread channels are still very deep, making the tread blocks more susceptible to squirming under extreme cornering forces. This causes the tread blocks to deform and thus reduce on track performance, not to mention tire life.

i was also unfortunate to spin out during one of these sessions, and it was a pretty major high speed spin, which caused flat spotting of my front passenger tire.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25723169@N02/9627863631/

see this pic above? thats once side of the tire.

this is the other side of the same tire.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25723169@N02/9627866871/

yes i know i can simply throw this set away and buy another set but if there is a way to shave both front tires to even treadwear that is more optimal for on track performace, then i'd rather do that.

so, if anyone has any knowledge of where i can get this done in SG, or even JB, I would greatly appreciate the information very much.

to answer christopher ngo's question in more detail.

at its current state the front tires are pretty much unusable due to the flat spot causing vibrations when i drive. so in a sense by shaving them to even wear, i am extending the life to perhaps one or 2 more track sessions before i throw them away.

will it worsen wet weather performance. yes for sure, but i have another set of tires that I use for daily driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahh, that makes sense now. Think you're on M3post as well under different nick. BTW, you changed rims a lot.

Never seen or heard of any around these parts Guy..

Yeah thought so too. Last resort before throwing then away would be to mount the fronts on my rears and do some burnouts. Haha

hah last resort sounds good, if it works, you could be sg first and only tire shaving service provider, burnout style, free heat cycling inc :)

guy. I just wanna ask u whats the rationale of buying hankook tires. I assume u r driving M3....

u know u can always rely on the big brands to hv the besttrack tires for sure. pirelli trofeo R....michelin cups..bridestones etc....u cant go wrong man..

I hv used cups trofer Rs etc...they are all super awesome with no big blisters.

I decided to try the hankook cos everyone is USA raving about them and so many cars in the TTA were using them also. Btw they're still a full street tire. Not semi slicks. And I wanted to push the envelop of how far the car could go on a full street setup 1st. No regrets. Going from PSS to RS3 netted me 2s. Also tire rack was having a blow out sale on the RS3 in my sizes. Also. The damage to the tires was not blistering. It was no fault of the tires. It was driver error that caused te spin and flat spot.

In any case I've already discarded the front 2 tires. Next session will be on semi slicks already. Will be looking at either Yoko a050 or hankook z221. Both also great reviews and heavy usage at TTA

Last edited by a moderator:

dude if u can go for the trofeo Rs. its got me from 2:28 to 2:26

Will consider that in mind.

Another thing is to see if they have available in my size. Thanks for the useful input unlike some others

oh man..u hvnt heard my shitty inputs....haha im more famous for those.

what size r u using? 235/19s...? go to hurry tires at McKenzie road.

haha thats why i have to personally thank you, cos ive seen your other responses.

im using 265/35/18 and 295/30/18

let me check for u...

I respond to proper threads helpfully. shitty threads gets shitty responses.

Until there is a thorough test that clearly proves there is a superior semi for dry conditions, MPSC is it for me, with Trofeos a close second.
MPSC has been king for about a decade if memory serves me right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
game2048io
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back