Amsoil engine oil

Re: Amsoil engine oil

R2D told me miller's oil good....

Last edited by a moderator:

Used ows,miller, pennzoil ultra and liquid moly toptech 4100,i feel liquid moly is really good

jus take this as feedback - amsoil is over-rated. i used their EO to replace my 10k mileage Mobil1 and it didnt feel any better like what an oil change should feel like. i used their gear oil to replace my 40k mileage Redline and gear changes act felt rougher. so its bye bye amsoil for me.

aft u use, let me know if you feel the same. :p

Been using Liqui Moly for last 2 oil change. Seems smoother when new but engine became rough after 10000km. Plan to go back to PML oil which I understand is Shell Helix. Some BM experts told me that it's still better to use established name like Castrol (BMW recommends), Mobil 1, Shell?

Always felt Shell is not really impressive... I still stick to Castrol & Mobil 1 LL01 oil.

w40 oil is a bit too thin for my car now... hitting 130k mileage. Thinking of switching to w50 oil, but the only LL01 w50 oil is Schaeffer's. Not too bad when i tried it in the past, but it was in a Jap saloon.

Liqui Moly is LL04 - the OCI is shorter than any LL01 oil because the TBN is a lot lower. Not surprised to hear that it's running rough at 10k km.

lf37;1041979 said:
Been using Liqui Moly for last 2 oil change. Seems smoother when new but engine became rough after 10000km. Plan to go back to PML oil which I understand is Shell Helix. Some BM experts told me that it's still better to use established name like Castrol (BMW recommends), Mobil 1, Shell?

Thank you for the info. Always thought that Liqui Moly Top Tec is top just below racing and should meet BMW std. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pluschassis6
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back