3-series PreFL door lock motor

tien1207

Well-Known Member
One of my rear door lock got problem in unlocking. once locked, it caused some noise (fast locking and unlocking sound). seek advise from workshop, they say need to change the motor. but is only just one door the rest is working fine. anyone encounter this problem?
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Common problem, the motor or "actuator" need to change.
Parts alone is around $140 from Eng Soon.
Can DIY yourself if you have the patience and time (maybe 1-2 hours) to change it yourself.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

canuck78;1027790 said:
Common problem, the motor or "actuator" need to change.
Parts alone is around $140 from Eng Soon.
Can DIY yourself if you have the patience and time (maybe 1-2 hours) to change it yourself.

ok. thanks bro.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Bro. Mine is left front door can't lock and the tip didnt pop out. How n where u solve that issue?pls advice. Can't lock using remote now
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

I tried this before.

1) Unlock your car with key
2) Leave your right rear door open
3) Lock the car with keys (with Rear Right Door open)
4) Close the rear right door
5) Unlock your car

See if it works. It usually works for me.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Try bro rvt post.

If that doesn't work, you may need to change the door actuator.

See my other post on DIY changing this part:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-3-series-owners/71791-e90-car-door-lock-problem-2.html#post934459

The white part where it's linked to the door tip has broke, as the same in my case so door can't lock, or unlock via remote.

cruzsader;1030340 said:
Bro. Mine is left front door can't lock and the tip didnt pop out. How n where u solve that issue?pls advice. Can't lock using remote now
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Bro. You are good man. But I don't think I am up to it to DIY. Lol. Any recommendation. For installation?or I can buy you coffee...haha


canuck78;1030432 said:
Try bro rvt post.

If that doesn't work, you may need to change the door actuator.

See my other post on DIY changing this part:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-3-series-owners/71791-e90-car-door-lock-problem-2.html#post934459

The white part where it's linked to the door tip has broke, as the same in my case so door can't lock, or unlock via remote.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

repair done. about 1hour time in workshop. lucky the replacement cost is not as exp as compared changing the motor.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

cruzsader;1030442 said:
Bro. You are good man. But I don't think I am up to it to DIY. Lol. Any recommendation. For installation?or I can buy you coffee...haha

Just go to any workshop that does bmw can do this change.

R2D, BVO definitely can perform this fix, just ask them upfront about the costs to do so.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

tien1207;1030447 said:
repair done. about 1hour time in workshop. lucky the replacement cost is not as exp as compared changing the motor.

can share where you did the repair?
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Buy the part from Engsoon around SGD 150, my regular workshop charge me SGD 80 for the labor, you can text me (97895067) should you require the work shop service
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

A month ago, my front passenger door cannot be unlock with a remote but can be locked if open manually from within. Brought it to Exxx Auto in AMK Autohub. Paid the high side of $3xx to replace the lock.

Today, my front driver side refused to open by remote... :furious: I ain't bringing back to Exxx Auto cos I believe that their parts and labour cost are on the high side. I will learn from all the bro here. I am going to buy the parts from Eng Soon.

So my question is - do I buy the motor or just the actuator? I have no issue with the other 3 doors now. Also, which is the best value workshop to replace the lock for you if we buy our own lock?

Thanks in advance! Happy CNY!
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

Front doors lock motor/actuator is the same thing, driver side more prone to failure. Parts cost ar $120-150 from ES.

It's a 0.5-1hour job. Can DIY yourself or bring to any workshop. Labour charges varies only.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

canuck78;1069464 said:
Front doors lock motor/actuator is the same thing, driver side more prone to failure. Parts cost ar $120-150 from ES.

It's a 0.5-1hour job. Can DIY yourself or bring to any workshop. Labour charges varies only.

Any good and reasonable workshop to recommend? I stay around Serangoon area, so anywhere around here like AMK etc would be good. :)
 
3-series PreFL door lock motor

rv218;1069456 said:
A month ago, my front passenger door cannot be unlock with a remote but can be locked if open manually from within. Brought it to Exxx Auto in AMK Autohub. Paid the high side of $3xx to replace the lock.

Today, my front driver side refused to open by remote... :furious: I ain't bringing back to Exxx Auto cos I believe that their parts and labour cost are on the high side. I will learn from all the bro here. I am going to buy the parts from Eng Soon.

So my question is - do I buy the motor or just the actuator? I have no issue with the other 3 doors now. Also, which is the best value workshop to replace the lock for you if we buy our own lock?

Thanks in advance! Happy CNY!




You are not the only one who had paid and the WS botched the job. Another bro just posted his feedback about the same workshop as well.. you can add on here. It will be good if the community knows and is warned about them.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/83135-another-horror-workshop-find.html
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

seanskye;1069476 said:
You are not the only one who had paid and the WS botched the job. Another bro just posted his feedback about the same workshop as well.. you can add on here. It will be good if the community knows and is warned about them.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/83135-another-horror-workshop-find.html

Thanks for pointing out.

Actually I went to that Exxx Auto because I called the WS from the site sponsor lists, but most of them couldn't accommodate the drive-in so I have no other choice.
 
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

seanskye;1069476 said:
You are not the only one who had paid and the WS botched the job. Another bro just posted his feedback about the same workshop as well.. you can add on here. It will be good if the community knows and is warned about them.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/83135-another-horror-workshop-find.html

To be fair in this case it doesn't sound like a botched job. First time was frnt pass door now is driver door. I assume the repaired door still working (?), TS complaint was $$ not workmanship.
 
3-series PreFL door lock motor

Ah, thanks easy. I misread!

Nonetheless it seems to be the same workshop, just that both feedbacks are on different issues. Many of us, myself included, are quite sensitive to bad workshops due to past horror experiences.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 3-series PreFL door lock motor

easy;1069486 said:
To be fair in this case it doesn't sound like a botched job. First time was frnt pass door now is driver door. I assume the repaired door still working (?), TS complaint was $$ not workmanship.

I mean the cost of the part that was charged to me. They charged me $270 for the door actuator excluding the labor cost.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,714
Messages
1,019,205
Members
70,866
Latest member
nohu78ist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back
Top