F10 low pressure fuel pump noise

Slow_poke_driver

Does your f10 make any fuel pump humming or turbulence flow like noise when the petrol level is below half a tank, but above 1/4? Can hear the noise at idle. Sometimes, can hear the noise when I open the door with the engine not running, like fuel pump priming...

SA confirms with me it is fuel pump and IT IS NORMAL...amazing that fuel pump is noiser than engine+air con+exhaust

Re: F10 low pressure fuel pump noise

I only hear some light rattling noise when going up slope. Dunno whether its the exos or simi... Irritating

also, brakes got some grinding noise when reverse parking.

f10 a lot of noises everywhere!

MW;959556 said:
I only hear some light rattling noise when going up slope. Dunno whether its the exos or simi... Irritating

also, brakes got some grinding noise when reverse parking.

f10 a lot of noises everywhere!

Still your F10 and many F10s can't fight some drivers cos they make even more noises.....Kenntona & totoseow say one!

brake noise should be quite common, mine also has a lot. It happens when reversing which I think is normal. And then it always make this siap siap brake sound when almost coming to a complete stop at traffic light.

While we are on the topic of noise and rattling, my f10 has been amazing in rattle and squeak. The amount of ki ki ki ki and eh eh eh eh noise in the 10 months old car is more than what most cars will make in 10 years. Just the other day, I was with the SA on a test drive to try to identify the random dashboard rattle at low engine speed under load, especially when going up slight slope. While the SA was pointing out to me that he heard squeaking from the rear...my driver seat starting randomly making di di di di noise. Glovebox also randomly rattling.

i wanna complain.. the continental 18" RF squeaks like hell in car parks... and the grip is KNS... last pair of continental RF for me!!!

20" PSS got same issue?

porky88;962078 said:
i wanna complain.. the continental 18" RF squeaks like hell in car parks... and the grip is KNS... last pair of continental RF for me!!!

20" PSS got same issue?

You mean the CSC SSR got what sound Bro?

the tires are noisy.... squeaks like hell.... can't wait to get them off when their service life is up...

the grip is quite shitty too...

Maybe its because of weak battery or Bad spark plugs, Time for service. Second you should replaced the low pressure fuel pump located in the fuel tank or replaced the pump and a fuel line. So far no issue by this , or it may be check ignition light on, Took it to service to find piston 2,4,& 7 were misfiring due to bad coil packs and faulty fuel injectors.
These problems can be only....

on the topic of noise.... After driving the 520 for about 10 months, I became more sensitive to the moans and groans it make, now I can even hear the tiak tiak sound(very soft but still within my audible range) when the car is stationary and engine at idle.... sigh....

Thinking of soundproofing the engine bay some more. Or should I just blast my music or let the auto-start-stop cut the engine when stationary.

Try the cheap way then still cannot then chut money then still cannot sell car.......

flyboy;963544 said:
on the topic of noise.... After driving the 520 for about 10 months, I became more sensitive to the moans and groans it make, now I can even hear the tiak tiak sound(very soft but still within my audible range) when the car is stationary and engine at idle.... sigh....

Thinking of soundproofing the engine bay some more. Or should I just blast my music or let the auto-start-stop cut the engine when stationary.

I think the groaning sound is the torque converter. Not fuel pump.

talking about sound, how about wee-ing sound when reversing? Do you guys have that? Mine has that when engaged to reverse even without stepping accelerator...

Not on mine. Wee-ing sound ?

z76;967240 said:
talking about sound, how about wee-ing sound when reversing? Do you guys have that? Mine has that when engaged to reverse even without stepping accelerator...

Bmw has many wierd sounds. Last time someone posted that he could hear "Wong Wong" sound wherein our resident aural expert Totoseow diagnosed it as a bee flying inside the car....

for oral expert, look for jawzsg

Does your f10 make any fuel pump humming or turbulence flow like noise when the petrol level is below half a tank, but above 1/4? Can hear the noise at idle. Sometimes, can hear the noise when I open the door with the engine not running, like fuel pump priming...

SA confirms with me it is fuel pump and IT IS NORMAL...amazing that fuel pump is noiser than engine+air con+exhaust
I have this EXACT SYMPTOM on my 2014 bmw 535i xdrive.....Growling/ noise when fuel tank is below half but above 1/4 tank. It is loud inside car at idle but even LOUDER when outside the car under the rear passenger seat area. I paid out of pocket to have the Fuel Pump Replaced ($780) and the noise is still there (a little quieter though)....I have taken it back to BMW and they say it is 100% Normal. I say Bullshit!!!!!.......It a weird noise. Kind of like a growling stomach or an airplane flying above. Very hard to describe but it is defenitely noticable only at that fuel level which makes it even stranger. Anybody have a solution PLEASE let me know. It is driving me CR@zY !!!!. Thanks guys !!!!!!

My f10 n55 fuel pump makes noise when fuel level is above 1/4 but below 1/2 tank. It is a gurgling noise and is VERY LOUD. Can hear while driving and while parked. I replaced pump at my cost of $700 and STILL have the noise !!!! Now i am thinking of either sound proofing the rear tank/seat area or maybe upgrading fuel pump to a higher flow pump. Not sure what else i can do at this point. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do? Should i replace high pressure pump as well (under hood but is silent)? Suggestions please?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179news
Back