[Advice Needed] F30 Interior door handle rubber melted

kofsiao

Hi Guys/Gals,

My F30 interior door handle seems to have gotten very sticky and it looks like it is melted.

Any advice on which workshop does restoration or replacements for the handle?
Attached photo to show what has happened.

I was quoted $580 SGD for replacement for both sides. Seems very excessive.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Doorhandle.jpg
    Doorhandle.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 3,517
Buy from Eng soon and get it fitted at workshop, iirc cost me $90 for the part. Common problem with F30, cheap plastics

Common issue for most bmw, not only F30. $580 can replace all 4 inc labour and parts.

wow... common issue? Sorry to hear that as I have never encountered such issues before.

Thanks for sharing where to get the parts.

I think BMW choice of material use is seriously flawed.

Hi Guys/Gals,

My F30 interior door handle seems to have gotten very sticky and it looks like it is melted.

Any advice on which workshop does restoration or replacements for the handle?
Attached photo to show what has happened.

I was quoted $580 SGD for replacement for both sides. Seems very excessive.

Many thanks!

LOL I faced this same shit too. I have been wondering if my hand has been quite dirty and corrosive. I guess not. I think it's a manufacturing defect. Can everyone who is facing this problem post their photos here and maybe we can write in to PML about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to park sheltered. Hot weather causes the melting. any workshop you would suggest? My problem too.

Need to park sheltered. Hot weather causes the melting. any workshop you would suggest? My problem too.

But funny thing is only drivers side handle affected. The other handles not affected. Too fragile lah this car

But funny thing is only drivers side handle affected. The other handles not affected. Too fragile lah this car

The driver side is the most frequent to repeated usage and thus wear out the fastest.

When I bought the car (then only 4.5 years old), the 'rubber' around the START/STOP button, near the electronic seats buttons and some other places are already peeling. Passenger side looks ok still. It is not a manufacturing defect but rather the short 'life-span' of such material. Singapore has 3 seasons: hot, hotter and hottest and thats why some of the parts may not withstand such environment all year long, coupled with usage.

So far I've never seen any of the Jap cars that are made in Thailand having such issues, but of course, the luxury 'feel' of the handles are not there in the first place...

btw you can order fresh parts from ES and have them replaced by sponsor workshop at a fraction of PML cost.

yes same in my car. Guess it's because we hold this handle more often esp after we come into a hot car and close driver side door

I use baby power.... apply with hand, let it set overnight... wipe clean ... with DRY cloth... no more stickiness.

Baby power actually works quite well!
I replaced my front ones over a year ago and recently noticed the rear ones starting to get sticky.

Applied baby powder and left overnight. It's pretty much dry now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f8betgamevn
Back