gaz
    gaz is offline Ignition On
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Side Mirror Adjust and Reverse Tilt not Working

Hi, about two weeks back my sidemirror couldnt tilt when put on reverse, now it can never been adjusted. Yesterday, the driver side couldnt be adjusted. I was told that the side mirror motor could be faulty. To change one is about $400 plus. Does anyone know if i could get 2nd hand for the motor? Can anyone advice? Thanks

sszone is offline Sponsor
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Re: Side Mirror Adjust and Reverse Tilt not Working

Find Bro Milk of Propel...he should have

C3P0 is offline UNSTOPPABLE!
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    Hi, about two weeks back my sidemirror couldnt tilt when put on reverse, now it can never been adjusted. Yesterday, the driver side couldnt be adjusted. I was told that the side mirror motor could be faulty. To change one is about $400 plus. Does anyone know if i could get 2nd hand for the motor? Can anyone advice? Thanks
    Hi gaz, I had the same problem previously but upon checking by the workshop, it is only some faulty codes which can be cleared easily. So unless you are absolutely sure it is the motor, otherwise, no need to spend so much

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
    “And most important, have the courage to follow your heart & intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Jason8822 is offline High Revving
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thanks

Hey C3P0,

You mean the side mirror operation can even be jammed due to some code error?
    So surprised to know that BMW side mirror is computer controlled too.
    Is there any way we can set the tilt angle or does it simply tilt down to the max?

Regards
    Jason

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason8822 View Post
    Hey C3P0,

You mean the side mirror operation can even be jammed due to some code error?
    So surprised to know that BMW side mirror is computer controlled too.
    Is there any way we can set the tilt angle or does it simply tilt down to the max?

Regards
    Jason
    Yes, can be jammed due to code error. Mine happens after I changed my mirror - the wiring/ribbons may not be connected properly...

I am not sure for E60. For E46 it can be adjusted. You can check out these threads on E60:
    http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interio...ht=mirror+tilt
    http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-wh...ht=mirror+tilt
    http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-wh...ht=mirror+tilt
    Last edited by C3P0; 07-11-2008 at 03:33 PM.

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
    “And most important, have the courage to follow your heart & intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

gaz
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Bro C3PO, thanks for the input. I didnt realise that it could be due to faulty code error. I was very reluctant to have it replaced as the workshop that i went to, simply told me that a brand new motor needs to be installed, without even checking on anything ! damn.....if that's the way to go, i guess everyone can open their own workshop. That's why i'm not convinced coz it went kaput pretty systematically, and now the driver side cant be adjusted.

And my car keeps on having the 'rear brake light not working warning' even when the bulb had been replaced. Hiya.....that workshop like Performance........no 2nd option, just change new. So simple.

Anyway bro, can you recommend workshops that i can go to and people to look for who may help in this small hiccup?:

gaz
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Bro SSzone, who is this MILK from Propel ? is Propel another BMW workshop? If yes can gimme the address?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Bro C3PO, thanks for the input. I didnt realise that it could be due to faulty code error. I was very reluctant to have it replaced as the workshop that i went to, simply told me that a brand new motor needs to be installed, without even checking on anything ! damn.....if that's the way to go, i guess everyone can open their own workshop. That's why i'm not convinced coz it went kaput pretty systematically, and now the driver side cant be adjusted.

And my car keeps on having the 'rear brake light not working warning' even when the bulb had been replaced. Hiya.....that workshop like Performance........no 2nd option, just change new. So simple.

Anyway bro, can you recommend workshops that i can go to and people to look for who may help in this small hiccup?:
    That's why our forum exists, to help each other. People thought robot only knows about Sandy, actually I know about damalu also ok!

Wah, which workshop you went to, PM me le I must avoid ha ha ha.

Anyway, you can either go BVO or J4C to get your mirror problem resolved (there may be other workshops that can do this, other bros here may like to advise Gaz). I hope it is just the code, otherwise it could cause a fortune.

Anyway, are you a guy or a girl? If girl, I can help you fix your mirror de

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Bro SSzone, who is this MILK from Propel ? is Propel another BMW workshop? If yes can gimme the address?
    MILK is an opaque white liquid produced by the mammary glands of female mammals (including monotremes). It provides the primary source of nutrition for newborn mammals before they are able to digest other types of food.

Ok, sorry sorry, I am just talking crap. you may like to refer to this thread for info:
    http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/propel-...uto-parts.html

Kiske is offline Rolling Start...
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

bro, do give me a call at 91660170, i think i may be able to help u on this cuz i had this problem b4 n i had solved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast