Based on the photos we have released a while ago of the 2011 BMW X3, we can immediately see that the lines are curvier and that it has a more aggressive front than the current one. The premium compact Sports Activity vehicle just got better as it enters its second generation production towards the end of 2010.
However, it is not just the design that we must be concerned about. Here are the facts that you need to know about the 2011 BMW X3:
* Manufactured at Spartanburg plant in South Carolina
* New engines, eight-speed automatic transmission, innovative suspension technology and BMW EfficientDynamics.
* Two engine variants at time of market launch: BMW X3 xDrive20d with four-cylinder diesel engine (135 kW/184 bhp) and BMW X3 xDrive35i with straight six-cylinder petrol engine (225 kW/306 bhp). The engine used is the N55 twin-scroll
* Auto Start Stop function featured for the first time in conjunction with six-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.
* BMW xDrive featured as standard, Performance Control optional.
* Newly conceived suspension technology, electric power steering featured for the first time in a BMW X model, variable sports steering optional.
* First BMW X model with optional Damper Control and Dynamic Drive Control.
* Highest degree of interior variability thanks to folding and 40 : 20 : 40-split rear seat backrests, maximum luggage compartment volume: 1,600 litres.
* Range of BMW ConnectedDrive options: Head-up Display, Internet access, reversing camera with Top View.
* Exhaust emission standard: EU5
* CO2 emission according to EU: 204 g/km
* Average fuel consumption according to EU: 8.8 litres/100 km
* Top speed: 245 km/h
* Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.7 seconds
BMW X3 xDrive20d
* Straight four-cylinder diesel engine with aluminium crankcase, turbocharger and Common Rail direct injection
* Displacement: 1,995 cc, power output: 135 kW/184 bhp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 – 2,750 rpm
* Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 8.5 seconds
* Top speed: 210 km/h
* Average fuel consumption according to EU: 5.6 litres/100 km
* CO2 emission according to EU: 149 g/km exhaust emission standard: EU5.
BMW X3 xDrive35i
* Straight six-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo, direct injection and VALVETRONIC
* Displacement: 2,979 cc, power output: 225 kW/306 bhp at 5,800 rpm, max. torque: 400 Nm at 1,300 rpm