(Advertising options)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    matrock is offline Cruising Along...
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Damn it !!! Got hit from at the rear !!!

had a bad day man.... while driving home after a nice dinner at chilis with my family, got hit by a subaru...driver is a 27 yr old young man with gf. Was cruising along kim seng road ,at the 3rd lane from the left ( e road is with 5 lanes ) ,Suddenly this car came crushing into me from the rear right...( lucky my baby and wife sitting at the rear was alright ) I didnt see it coming at all...
    we stop in front of Tribeca to access the damage. I ask him what he was trying to do ! He said, " i dont know...i just turn out from great world carpark "...( in my mind, he should have turn right into the right most lane, and NOT cutting straight into the middle lanes ! ) We took photos and exchange details, and i ask if he wants to pay me cash or we juz go to claim by ourselves. Seeing his own damaged...he prefer to claim insurance.

My rear bumper and rear fender have to be replaced or respray , and Racinghart rim defintely have to be replace. Normally in this situation what will u guys do ?

1.) report to my insurance co. and wait for them to assign workshop ? ( which i prefer not to because recently i just renewed my insurance with very very high Excess cuz im letting go my e60 soon...so i opted for cheaper premiums,high excess....2ndly ,i dont trust other workshops )

2.) or go straight to my prefered workshop and let him make do 3rd party claim for me without going to my own insurance ? ( this might not be good also cuz that fellow might play punk and turn around to claim my insurance instead ,hence if i dont report to my own insurance co., i might be the guilty party )

Here are the pics... It seems my rim took all the impact from the crashed. THat subaru is destroyed...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by matrock; 10-01-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Mockngbrd is offline BMW.SG Admin
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Re: Damn it !!! Got hit from at the rear !!!

surprisingly subaru driver claim... i think his next premium maybe can fix up the car

*go buy 4D 6162*

Teamwork is offline Ignition On
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

U have a pm bro. Hope it will help...

Chocs is offline Blistering Quick
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Hi there,
    Hope u and yr family r more settled by now. Sorry to hear, must hve been quite a shock. Not sure if it's wise to report to yr own insurance company. If Fault is clearly not yours. Fr yr pics, it's obvious u got hit, scrapped from behind, 2 a slight angle, yr rear right. In normal circumstances, most fault lies with rear driver, unless they contested and say u braked suddenly.which cld be a bit troublesome...more time consuming..

Understandably, concern's next yr's NCD and premium's loading...

Was thinking, since u hve exchanged details with the young driver, maybe u hve captured his insurer's details. I would personally prefer not to alert my own insurer and but would instead, claim directly from his insurer. I would most probably insist on my own workshop as well for 2 main reasons, 1 )make and model ; 2) familiarity / speciality (Bimmer?!). In the first plc, it's wasn't my fault, why should I go to the other party's workshop, whom I hve no idea of quality and control. If I didn't remember wrongly, it's only if I claim from my own insurance company, that I would hve to go to designated workshops by insurers.

...Tot I would jus share my minute experience with u...got hit directly into my right rear door last year by a Volvo. His car nothing..my rear right door bended in...

...anyway, went to agent directly, I would not consider any other plc to touch my car, got him to pay for everything...including my car rental, for a week...with same make and model..I would not drive other car.. He does not wan me to claim his insurance. It was alright then. We r friends now even..

I'm sure all will be well with your case.. Great day..

God Bless..
    ...am not a bitch...
    ...Not Bothered...

...Simply Chocs...
    ...R wee there Yet... ?

Terry is offline UNSTOPPABLE!
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

sin wee chuan.....

wt_know is offline 9000 RPM
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thanks

yeah, go SWC Mike. He will help you claim all the way.
    if not, go back to pml (if warranty is over, no point)
    report to your insurance is a must to protect yourself. as long as there is no claim against you, reporting to your own insurance is just for record filing only

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    sin wee chuan.....
    Last edited by wt_know; 10-01-2011 at 08:47 AM.

etan1 is offline Blistering Quick
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I had a similar case last year when my car was 4 months old.... Not so straight forward as this is from the side.

PM me with your contact if you like to talk.

matrock is offline Cruising Along...
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chocs View Post
    Hi there,
    Hope u and yr family r more settled by now. Sorry to hear, must hve been quite a shock. Not sure if it's wise to report to yr own insurance company. If Fault is clearly not yours. Fr yr pics, it's obvious u got hit, scrapped from behind, 2 a slight angle, yr rear right. In normal circumstances, most fault lies with rear driver, unless they contested and say u braked suddenly.which cld be a bit troublesome...more time consuming..

Understandably, concern's next yr's NCD and premium's loading...

Was thinking, since u hve exchanged details with the young driver, maybe u hve captured his insurer's details. I would personally prefer not to alert my own insurer and but would instead, claim directly from his insurer. I would most probably insist on my own workshop as well for 2 main reasons, 1 )make and model ; 2) familiarity / speciality (Bimmer?!). In the first plc, it's wasn't my fault, why should I go to the other party's workshop, whom I hve no idea of quality and control. If I didn't remember wrongly, it's only if I claim from my own insurance company, that I would hve to go to designated workshops by insurers.

...Tot I would jus share my minute experience with u...got hit directly into my right rear door last year by a Volvo. His car nothing..my rear right door bended in...

...anyway, went to agent directly, I would not consider any other plc to touch my car, got him to pay for everything...including my car rental, for a week...with same make and model..I would not drive other car.. He does not wan me to claim his insurance. It was alright then. We r friends now even..

I'm sure all will be well with your case.. Great day..

God Bless..
    thanks for your concern ! my family is fine ..
    THis morning , the Subaru driver called and finally decide to settle privately,
    ( he made a wise choice )

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    sin wee chuan.....
    yea, going down to him today to access the damaged !

Quote Originally Posted by wt_know View Post
    yeah, go SWC Mike. He will help you claim all the way.
    if not, go back to pml (if warranty is over, no point)
    report to your insurance is a must to protect yourself. as long as there is no claim against you, reporting to your own insurance is just for record filing only
    warrant over ,but even if its not...i also wont go back to them..lol....

Quote Originally Posted by etan1 View Post
    I had a similar case last year when my car was 4 months old.... Not so straight forward as this is from the side.

PM me with your contact if you like to talk.
    thanks dude, the driver called to confirm he want private settlement....asking him to send me a black and white now .

etan1 is offline Blistering Quick
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrock View Post

thanks dude, the driver called to confirm he want private settlement....asking him to send me a black and white now .
    Documentation is very important. If possible, get him to pay after accessing damage, direct to your selected workshop so that you are not perceived to "profit" from this incident.

davidtch is offline Blistering Quick
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thanks

1 word of caution, read the fine print in the insurance schedule. There are some who requires report even when there is private settlement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast