(Advertising options)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

  1. #31
    tedlhw's Avatar
    tedlhw is offline New to BMW.SG!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    Points
    2,905
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    I was tempted to ask u to google valvetronic..
    But i am not going to. When i checked my valvetronic at Boss the 2nd time, they told me my eccentric shaft sensor(whatever that is) might be faulty also. Apparently that could be the problem as well. Asked if it was absolutely necessary, and he said sometimes change valvtronic the problem still come back. Ask me to replace. Problem less likely to come back.That part alone is like 700. PM me if you need the cost breakdown. Fyi, the quote is fair cos i called ard for quotes and its ard there.
    Hope this helps.

  2. #32
    pengful's Avatar
    pengful is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,906
    Points
    27,257
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 254 Times in 162 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by tedlhw View Post
    I was tempted to ask u to google valvetronic..
    But i am not going to. When i checked my valvetronic at Boss the 2nd time, they told me my eccentric shaft sensor(whatever that is) might be faulty also. Apparently that could be the problem as well. Asked if it was absolutely necessary, and he said sometimes change valvtronic the problem still come back. Ask me to replace. Problem less likely to come back.That part alone is like 700. PM me if you need the cost breakdown. Fyi, the quote is fair cos i called ard for quotes and its ard there.
    Hope this helps.
    This cannot be true. I replaced my eccentric shaft sensor + servmotor + gaskets + some other related stuffs for 800+. The eccentric shaft sensor alone cannot be 700.

  3. #33
    zorro's Avatar
    zorro is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,721
    Points
    15,774
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 190 Times in 157 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Where did you do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by pengful View Post
    This cannot be true. I replaced my eccentric shaft sensor + servmotor + gaskets + some other related stuffs for 800+. The eccentric shaft sensor alone cannot be 700.

  4. #34
    pengful's Avatar
    pengful is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,906
    Points
    27,257
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 254 Times in 162 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Where did you do it?
    PML. See my thread,

    http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-wh...tml#post605597

  5. #35
    zorro's Avatar
    zorro is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,721
    Points
    15,774
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 190 Times in 157 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Now PML cheaper than outside mechanic......maybe not.. what you change are:

    Replace actuator for eccentric (I like the description) shaft, WT servomotor, profile gasket, seal flange, hose clip and some testing and checking - $885.31

    Actuator for eccentric shaft is the same part as WT Servomotor. $253 (RealOEM)
    Eccentric shaft sensor (not replaced by PML) cost $367.58 (RealOEM) is a seperate part not replaced in your case..
    Last edited by zorro; 25-01-2011 at 11:31 AM.

  6. #36
    tedlhw's Avatar
    tedlhw is offline New to BMW.SG!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14
    Points
    2,905
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Now PML cheaper than outside mechanic......maybe not.. what you change are:

    Replace actuator for eccentric (I like the description) shaft, WT servomotor, profile gasket, seal flange, hose clip and some testing and checking - $885.31

    Actuator for eccentric shaft is the same part as WT Servomotor. $253 (RealOEM)
    Eccentric shaft sensor (not replaced by PML) cost $367.58 (RealOEM) is a seperate part not replaced in your case..
    Bro, my breakdown on my final bill after negotiation is this:

    1) Servotronic Motor S$400
    2) Eccentric Shaft Sensor: S$620
    3) Labour: S$130
    4) Discount S$50.

    Nett S$1177 after GST.
    Actually i also couldn't believe cos i didn't understand why 1 sensor cost so much.
    I called around a few WSs who are site sponsors (a few floors down only) and the Senior Tech told me roughly S$1200-1300, so i decided to just go ahead since approx same price.

  7. #37
    wt_know's Avatar
    wt_know is offline 9000 RPM
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,587
    Points
    30,962
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 569 Times in 477 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    cool. with realoem we can find out a lot of details

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Now PML cheaper than outside mechanic......maybe not.. what you change are:

    Replace actuator for eccentric (I like the description) shaft, WT servomotor, profile gasket, seal flange, hose clip and some testing and checking - $885.31

    Actuator for eccentric shaft is the same part as WT Servomotor. $253 (RealOEM)
    Eccentric shaft sensor (not replaced by PML) cost $367.58 (RealOEM) is a seperate part not replaced in your case..
    Last edited by wt_know; 25-01-2011 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #38
    zorro's Avatar
    zorro is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,721
    Points
    15,774
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 190 Times in 157 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    BMW pure mechanicaL parts normally are not too expensive but their electromechanical parts are normally very expensive..

    [
    Actually i also couldn't believe cos i didn't understand why 1 sensor cost so much.
    I called around a few WSs who are site sponsors (a few floors down only) and the Senior Tech told me roughly S$1200-1300, so i decided to just go ahead since approx same price.[/QUOTE]


    Yeah RealOEM is fantastic...any idiot with some basic technical education can find out a lot of BMW information....The entire assembly drawings is inside..
    Last edited by zorro; 25-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.

  9. #39
    pengful's Avatar
    pengful is offline Barely Legal
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,906
    Points
    27,257
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 254 Times in 162 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Now PML cheaper than outside mechanic......maybe not.. what you change are:

    Replace actuator for eccentric (I like the description) shaft, WT servomotor, profile gasket, seal flange, hose clip and some testing and checking - $885.31

    Actuator for eccentric shaft is the same part as WT Servomotor. $253 (RealOEM)
    Eccentric shaft sensor (not replaced by PML) cost $367.58 (RealOEM) is a seperate part not replaced in your case..
    Yes you are correct. Just received confirmation from PML that they only replaced the actuator and did not replace the sensor. That explains the sensor is a completely different item with a big price tag.

  10. #40
    davidtch's Avatar
    davidtch is offline Blistering Quick
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere along Kallang River
    Posts
    3,592
    Points
    24,417
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked 251 Times in 223 Posts

    Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Yeah RealOEM is fantastic...any idiot with some basic technical education can find out a lot of BMW information....The entire assembly drawings is inside..
    The problem is a lot of ppl nvr bother to look it up in RealOEM. When "google" was used, all hell broke loose.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Superchips for valvetronic
    By Leean in forum Performance Upgrades & Handling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-10-2005, 03:08 PM
  2. Rough Spot in N42 Valvetronic Engine + Trans Prob
    By drift838 in forum CLOSED HELP!What's happening to my BMW!?!?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-05-2005, 01:49 AM
  3. Castrol SLX a must for valvetronic?
    By drift838 in forum Performance Upgrades & Handling
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-12-2004, 11:14 PM
  4. Anyone tried Powerchip on 318 Valvetronic
    By Winston in forum BMW 3 Series Classics (E30/E36/E46)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 22-11-2004, 04:51 PM
  5. Dyno Chart for Valvetronic
    By calvin in forum Performance Upgrades & Handling
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 02:52 PM

Members who have read this thread: 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •